1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaun Livingston for the full MLE?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pbthunder, Jul 12, 2008.

1. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/07/10/livingston.clippers.ap/index.html

They also released Dan Dickau.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

3. matty101

matty101 Member

No. Just no. Out of all the suggested players we spend our MLE on, this is the most ludicrous. The likelihood of Livingston being even a shell of his former self is extremely low.

If you suggested picking him up for the minimum then id say yes. Then we can stash him and just hope he recovers. That would be a low risk, high reward move.

Somebody i think who could help us out on that team though is Quinton Ross. He could back up Battier at the 3 for 10-12 mins a game. The guy is a great defender and could be got for cheap. Maybe Luther Head for Ross and a second rounder? Just throwing ideas out there, i have no idea on what their contracts are.

4. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

Shaun is a pg with size yet little weight.we need a pg with both size and strenth at the same time,just like Kidd and Papaloukas.What's more ,Livingston lacks shooting skills, which we need him to have as well .As a result , Shaun doesn't fit our team .However , there is no need to worry about our pg problems any more as they has been solved by signging Brent.The precious MLE shuold be used to sign a muscle to backup yao.

5. pbthunder

It's a shot, but somebody's going to sign him. OK, maybe not for the whole MLE.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When healthy we are one of the top 3 teams in the league, we don't need him.........

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are going in the right direction. Shaun Livingston will be lucky to get guaranteed money for the upcoming season. For that matter, he will be lucky to resume his NBA career.

8. pbthunder

I am truly honored.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would bring him to training camp at least, for a minimum non-guaranteed contract. Plenty of other teams would be willing too though.

With that injury I doubt he will ever be the same.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Ross, but why would you back up Battier with a poor mans Battier?

i would rather have a little more versatility

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

full MLE for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years?

we're not the knicks.

i'd be interested in bringing him on the summer league team to see what he's got.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. I'm down for a 1 year minimum contract for Livingston, but even that would be a gamble as he'll seriously be lucky to ever play in the NBA again after that injury.

13. roswell raygun

I miss the Jay Williams rumors that used to be on this board every summer. I guess this is the new version.

14. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

pass the joint man, I need some of what you're smoking

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

not even basketball related. wrong forum.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

How is this not basketball related?

btw, smh @ the thought of giving him the full MLE.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

and thats why nobody respects the wnba

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

If JVG still coaches the Rockets, I guarantee Alan Houston is in Rockets uniform. Chris Childs would have come out of retirement too.

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

1. There have been numerous threads on him.

2. It has been known that the Clippers would release him to sign him to a much cheaper contract with bonuses if he does come back.

3. He has had numerous delays in his rehab already, and is very likely to not be back able to fully play by pre-season. Even Livingston says that he will not likely be truly NBA-game ready until early next year (2009) at the earliest.

4. That injury was nasty. It will likely do two things to his game, take away a little of his quickness, especially his first step going to left, & and affect his jump some.

5. Livingston has even said that he may have to change position to SG/SF, which means he has to learn how to shoot, well at least much better than he was doing before.

20. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

Are you his parents or agent?