1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaquille Ö'Neal: Howard cannot take the Rockets to the next level

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...aquille-oneal-interview/2998595/?sf18427918=1

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Also in the article.

3. hbomb

hbomb Member

We'll show Shaq how it's done.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Shaq thinks it won't work? Now I know we're going to be good!

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Shaq is a bit like Charles Barkley when it comes to running his mouth. You can almost bank on the opposite coming true.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Even last year (when he was coming back from surgery), I thought Howard did fairly well. This is year 2, and I expect that when the real games start, Howard will shift in a higher gear, and show us he is worth every penny of the $22M bucks the Rockets are paying.

Morey is no fool (irt to Howard), and if you bet against Morey, you might end up being the fool.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man the Pacers got so overrated, so quickly.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think it is because they pose the greatest threat of dethroning the Heat.

Their regular season wasn't outstanding, and they turned it on when it counts in the Playoffs.

But I think most people tend to look at Indiana and say "hey they're nearly good enough to beat the Heat - that must mean they're one of the top tier teams in the league"

Understanding match-ups is never as important as in this context.

No I don't personally think the Pacers are a top 5 or so team in the league. However they would be my #1 bet in eliminating the Heat in a Playoff series.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

10. RocketPowerNick

Shaq isn't knocking the team, just Dwight. Which based on this pre season is understandable (at least offensively).

I still think the Rox can reach the WCF this year with Dwight having an "off" year (ie. his Lakers season).

11. bongman

bongman Member

I think they rate them based on conference. Pacers only have to worry about the Heat and Nets. So their odds of reaching the finals is a lot higher than ours merely because of the caliber of teams in the west. When you get to the finals, anything can happen.

12. Gertso

Gertso Member

Yea I remember in 06 when Charles picked us to win it all...we didn't even make the playoffs.

13. alethios

alethios Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...

He wrong!

14. rocketblood713

nothing to see here Shaw is basically saying what he's always said about Dwight

15. bmd

bmd Member

Barkley is usually pretty good in his basketball analysis. People think he's stupid... but he knows basketball.

Shaq, however, is really dumb when it comes to basketball.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Shaquestionable... smh.

Shaq needs to strop trollin! He just jealous.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

it won't be this year... he's right... it'll take time

18. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

The Pacers are the best bet for the team to knock the Heat off their throne this year because they are virtually guaranteed to meet the Heat in the playoffs. Western teams don't get a playoff series against the Heat unless they come out of the West. Oh yeah, the Pacers also match up pretty well against the Heat.

Unfortunately for the Pacers, after they beat the Heat they're going to have to take out the Western Conference champion team. IMO last year the Pacers would have lost in the Finals to any of the West's second round teams.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The Rox aren't looking for Dwight to put them on his shoulders. They matched up pretty well against the Thunder and Spurs last year without him. Harden, Parsons, Lin, and Beverley all will be even better this year. If Dwight plays well and does NOT carry the Rox, they could get as far as the finals.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So he thinks Kobe is better than Lebron, Durant, Rose bascially. That's basically what he says...

For thinking that Kobe is still better than Lebron or Durant shows major bias there or just plain insane.

I think by the end of the year Harden will be undoubtedly the best SG in the NBA and he'll be backpedaling.