1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

shaq wants out of phoenix

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Arash713, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Arash713

Arash713 Member

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090309/BREAKING02/90309066/-1

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is trade deadline OLD.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They could make that deal the second the Cavs are eliminated from the playoffs. I am not sure if Wally can be included still though. Webber was traded for Richmond during the playoffs.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

so was Juwon Howard for *cringe* Mike James during the finals in '07

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Great news. Let's trade the tallest player for the fattest player in the league and the former scoring champ for the former MVP. Here comes our new big 3! Get it done Morey! ;)

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Am I the only one that thinks Shaq would be too busy facilitating the very same lane Lebron is so akin on driving through. The paint wouldn't be enough for the both of them.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Well, it worked fine with D-Wade.

8. yupitsjojo

yupitsjojo Member

screw shaq, let him decay in a crappy team, he cant be fed good guards all the time like he's been doing his whole career, let him know what its like to lose

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Eh, it worked with Wade and even Kobe.

10. fangzheng911

fangzheng911 Member

Maybe if we win this one, people still saying it's because Lakers didn't have Odom and Bynum.. but who cares.. We need the win to secure our home court advantage now.

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Anyone else notice that these words are so grossly misused that the sentence doesn't even make sense anymore?

Shaq is too busy helping the lane Lebron is analogous on driving through?

C'mon man, use a dictionary! :p

12. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Isnt it the same lane Kobe and Wade drove in through??

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

hahaha!!!!

I noticed facilitating but missed akin.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No, because in LA you always had to have like 2 bodies on Shaq, so you couldn't leave him at all...which made it easier for guards to penetrate. It wasn't to that level in Miami...yet the Mavs still gave Oneal that level of respect in the Finals. Oneal no longer demands that type of attention. I still think Shaq/Born could work though.

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

i was hoping phoenix would make a run. I'd love to see Dallas miss the playoffs. Dallas has a tough schedule coming up but Phoenix isn't helping itself by shooting themselves in the foot. I wouldn't mind a kobe-shaq 1st round series either.

16. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I'd rather see/possibly play a Dallas team limping into the playoffs, rather than a Phoenix team rolling in.

17. yobod

yobod Member

hahaha, awesome! I noticed the exact same thing when reading that sentence.....i was like "whaaa?"

18. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member

Shaq want to ride LeBron's back for a 5th ring.... Silly, first he got tired of Miami and left and he moved to Phoenix and made them worse and now they're not even in the playoffs while Wade is killing and Miami's back in the playoffs.

This is why I always will see Dream as the better player compared to Shaq. Hakeem won without having the best guard in the league and he didn't gave up on his team, he fought threw the bad time (late 80's and early 90's).
    Shaq has no respect for the team he plays for, during bad times he quits... Lakers got enough of him, Miami got enough of him and it looks like Phoenix are tired of him too.

19. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

This will be the first time that shaq will miss the playoffs in his entire career! :eek: :eek:

20. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

just wait till he leaves PHX, he'll start calling out Nash and Stoudemire and even the "scrubs", he picked on Miami's Chris Quinn when he left Miami, he has no respect for his former teammates, he's given a pass because of his seemingly playful nature but he's a sore loser.