1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serge Ibaka traded to Toronto for Terrence Ross and 1st round pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i think we should've traded our 1st, Dekker, Trez AND NOT Brewer to top that offer, i'm not doing that.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It probably would've taken a couple of our young guys(Capela, Dekker, Harrell) to make Orlando bite. I'd love to have Ibaka on this roster, but not if we're sacrificing depth and youth. Especially given how much it'll cost to keep Ibaka next season and beyond.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. DMO (DJ remix)

People saying not having Ross with hurt Raptors, i'm not sure about that, his 3 point shooting was nice, but that's about it, don't forget Powell was raking up DNP's, unless DeRozan was injured, this opens up minutes for him, i doubt Raptors will loose a beat, they only get stronger.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Short term move I am glad the Rockets didn't make.

We would have essentially just been moving free agency forward 3 months, at the cost of picks / prospects.

Keep your assets and just use your capspace, and have a better/ deeper team next year.

And if you don't like that approach, well we should be front runners if Gallo is traded.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Screw this assets mentality. Its time to go all in. Harden may show up fat in camp next year. Gordon and Anderson might be hurt. Why are we always playing for next year.

6. DMO (DJ remix)

IF Rockets were in east i could see us making this trade, but as of now, it would be dumb for us to give even as much as Raps did, than see him leave for nothing, we weren't trading Anderson for him.

7. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

With the Kevin Love news, Shumpert hurting, JR Smith not close to returning, Cavs now relying on freaking Derrick Williams of all people to fill a void, Cavs probably not even going to have homecourt advantage, I have to say Cavs maybe not a lock to make the finals this year.

Boston, Washington and Toronto can all play the Cavs hard.

8. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Good move for Toronto!! Should be a tough out in the playoffs!

heypartner likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But do you go all in with Ibaka? If he was so good, then why is Orlando so bad? Why did the Thunder blow a 3-1 lead last year? Remember, you trade for Ibaka, he has you by the b@lls. You have to basically pay him 30 mil a season or risk him bolting to another team. I wanted him on this roster, but not at that price(especially if we also had to give up a couple of our young guys).

I think the smart approach is to wait til the trade deadline and see who's available at a minimal cost. Then take your best shot this postseason and if you come up short, try to address your needs in free agency this summer. Let's be honest. The chances of beating the Warriors if they stay healthy are slim. Why go all in now when the odds are already so heavily against you and the rest of the league?

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

U really think multiple young guys? I would think Dekker is worth more than Terrence Ross. Capela would get u Gordon and Ibaka the way Orlando does deals.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its not time to go all in.

We are not close to beating GSW.

Vivi likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What a steal for Toronto. they could make some noise in the East

Lowry
    DeRozan
    XXX
    Ibaka
    JV

Is a solid team

Maury once again sitting on his triple cheese burgers and cream soda

BigMaloe, J.R. and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Carroll is the XXX player you were referring to

14. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Raptors have a lot of big men on the bench now.

Patterson, Sullinger, Poetl, Nogueira and Siakam.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Harden will be past his prime by the time the Warriors are broken up. We'll never have a year where we have four hall of famers in their prime to compete with them, so if that is the standard you might as well give up now.

rocketsfan611, BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets have a deal in place if Morey would get off his ass. Orlando is done

Time to go for Vucevic.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, the Thunder gave up Harden (an MVP caliber player, not a good role player like Ibaka) for 6 months of (a done) Kevin Martin, a mid 1st rounder and a late 1st rounder. Oops.

buffalobills!!!, Deuce and ramotadab like this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We probably won't be for the next few years either but at least we might be able to get to WCF. I don't think Capella or Dekker will turn out to be great players. I remember when the board was hyped up on Tjones and Dmo.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Murray still punching numbers on his spreadsheets and tools and waiting for the solution to converge while ordering $5.99 Chinese buffets

Meanwhile, others GM's trying to make things happen.

RasaqBoi likes this.