1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SEALs call out Obama for trying to politicize their killing of Bin Laden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 1, 2012.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Too bad Mitt politicized the anniversary with Rudy otherwise the repubs would have had a real game changer.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Guys, bigtexxx lost a hero of his on 5/1/11. Cut him some slack when he has to watch the guy who will be president until 2017 be happy about the fact that OBL is dead.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Eh maybe he's not, but I don't understand the point of telling lies online.

I mean I'm totally a super famous professional body builder and all, but hey who's bragging ;)....

*** Goes to profile setting and deletes personal info.

1 person likes this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

People need to leave us conservatives alone. Do you know how depressing it is when your party elects a guy who isn't even a Republican.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it's pretty interesting. Here in San Francisco, everyone's already up in arms about how awful Romney is, and I'm like "have you really studied his governorship in Mass?" I mean, he's not a liberal or a democrat, but by all evidence, he's much closer to centrist than Bush, to say nothing of some of the crazies in this year's primary.

We're basically going to have two fairly pragmatic centrists running for president. I know it will get blown up into the battle of the century with everything at stake, but ultimately... meh.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#206 Dubious, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. B-Bob

Don't worry -- I prefer one to the other. But I'm not sure Mitt stays in bed with the Roves and Norquists post-election. Luckily, we'll most probably never have to find out. :)

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've just skimmed this thread and am only posting in it because I suspect this line of attack will be repeated.

I personally am uncomfortable with politicizing the killing of OBL and personally wish the Obama campaign wouldn't have trumpeted it. I also don't think Romney wouldn't have taken out OBL if given the same situation. His quote wasn't that he wouldn't take OBL but that he wouldn't "move Heaven and Earth to do so." To me the question would be weather a Romney presidency would've used a drone strike or a SEAL team.

All that said it is idiotic to not give Obama the credit for giving the order.
    Some people seem to have selective memories and forget this picture
    [​IMG]

When the President is in the situation room watching US troops in action in real time he is involved because he can order them to proceed or not to proceed at any time.

9. TheresTheDagger

I just think the President should have stay consistent with his message he gave last 5/8/11 on 60 minutes about "not spiking the ball". He was right and would have been more "presidential" IMHO.

He sure flip flopped on that message.

Makes me wonder why he felt the need to do so.

Weird.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is nothing weird about it. Obama is a politician facing a potentially tough re-election he is going to look to capitalize on every advantage he has.

This is no weirder than last Admin. using 9/11 to score political points in 2004.

11. TheresTheDagger

Being a hypocrite about "not spiking the ball" is definitely weird.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

People seem to forget that President Obama really ramped up the drone strikes, both in and out of Afghanistan. "Rough and tough" George Bush simply wasn't as aggressive there, in the heart of the war against bin Laden and his henchmen, and part of that probably stemmed from his adventure in Iraq, which had to be a heck of a distraction. The more aggressive national posture towards fighting terrorism during the last few years comes from the top... from Barack Obama. Republicans will do their best, or rather worst, attacking the President from any angle they can find, and if they have to make it up, that's what they're going to do.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so, Obama inherited everything from W, except the intelligence network that tracked down OBL, and the military infrastructure to pursue drone strikes?

14. B-Bob

Just to play along with this faux outrage / troll fest, can somebody site the event or statement by Obama, where he's "spiking the ball."

By the way, it's not a good analogy. Spiking is considered pretty polite. Breaking out a marker or doing a choreographed dance is when you're really showboating.

I think what the GOFox party needs to do is resort to a baseball analogy (given the season, right!) You want to accuse Obama of watching his home run, walking down the first base line, holding his bat.

Baseball analogies would be great -- for instance, you've been throwing at his head for four years, not even trying to play ball. Hai, this is fun gaiz!

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Except any analogy they try to use is going to fall flat when you remember the Mission Accomplished fiasco.

Could you imagine Obama walking out of the White House on 5/1/11 dressed up like a Navy Seal?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be relevant if Obama had ever tried to take credit for those things.

But of course he hasn't.

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I don't like the drones, but let's give credit where credit is due for Obama's choice to pursue Osama more heavily.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Romney is a larger hypocrite than Obama is.

19. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Hmmm, and when did Obama say that W had nothing to do with it. In fact Obama invited Bush to tour with him for a while afterwards and Bush turned him down. Looks like you're makin' up stuff doggie. Looks like you're desperate.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So the death of OBL justifies all the crap we are dealing with in the Middle East? At the end up of the day OBL is a victory of us, but the Iraq War is not. You want to give credit to Bush for the kill and blame Obama for the war? LOL.

Consistency is not a strong suit for y'all.