1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Dekker is a ________ forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Sam Dekker is a _______ forward

1. small

86 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. power

26 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. point

21 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Hybrid?

Tha_Dude likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He is a power guard

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly Shawn Marion is a good comparison for dekker.

Both athletic wing players who can play the PF spot because they are 6'9. Dekker shoots it better but Marion is the better defensive player.

I can honestly see dekker avg numbers like Marion in his prime something like 18-19ppg with 8-9reb and 3-4 assist.

Dekker is just a ball player. In my mind he's the future at sf after Ariza contract is up.

The only way im giving dekker up is if it's for a real allstar/superstar level guy we're he's the main piece to go along with salary fillers maybe trez and draft picks.

I think with the way him and trez have played this year it's entirely possible that we can be in play for Paul George over the summer if he makes it clear to Larry Bird he is leaving.

Gets them dekker and trez to go with Myles turner so they have a nice young core plus a late first and maybe 1-2 second round picks and then maybe brewer who's expiring.

That's how you do it imo.

I'm sure u need to add a 3-4m in salary to get it to match but that's close enough for now.

Leave the rockets with a core of harden/Paul George/ Gordon/Anderson/Ariza/bev/Capela

Resign Nene and then add a few vets who want to win.

We would basically be swapping out trez and dekker for Paul George.

I think this is a very highly probable chance this happens. Indiana might want to go young and build around turner I don't think George wants to hang around he hasn't committed to them long term at all and bird would have to like the chance to grab dekker and trez to high caliber rotation starters plus picks. Hell it might actually help Indy more also in the short term.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Dekker is a forward on offense and a center on defense which means he is Much Vaunted Piece.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sam Dekker is a BUSTY forward

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

He's a combo forward who has a goof feel for the game.

7. ribbit

ribbit Member

I'll buy a vowel.

heypartner likes this.
  8. nemac

nemac Member

points forward

9. alethios

alethios Member

Padawan forward, not yet a Jedi.

10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

He's a D'antonio forward, same with all the rest of the players on the team. Power forward was a 1990's thing, man.

11. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's whatever Robert Horry was.

Tha_Dude and joshuaao like this.
  13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

The correct answer is Asset

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

The best comparison I've been able to come up with for Decker is TJones. Forget TJones' faults and think about the type of player he is.

Now, if Decker can get a consistent plus jumper and show some defensive awareness, he will become what TJones couldn't.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yes. He is a forward.

In our system the pf and sf are essentially the same. Especially when our pg guards the opponents pf.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Where's the option for "guy that when it comes to women is a little bit too" or "special" or "guy that hits fast-"?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At this point in his career, if you ask Dekker what position he plays, he's apt to say, "Whatever position coach wants me to play. Give me minutes!"

Tha_Dude likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sam is a baller.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel like he is a modern PF. He does stretch the floor and does it in a more aggressive way than most stretch 4's. He is aggressive attacking the basket, going for offensive rebounds, and even defending his man. He doesn't fit the mold of guys who spot up at the 3pt line and can only attack when the path is WIIIIIDE open (like Ryno or Frye). He is more capable of attacking the basket and handling the ball than those guys.

Dekker's game is going to take a big step up when he learns how to make us of his slashing skills by drawing fouls regularly and perfects his 3pt form. Minor improvements I can easily see him making. The ability to do those things well + move well off the ball + clean up the offensive glass is going to make him a really excellent player to put around Harden.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. dawesome

dawesome Member

Ssstt...dont be too loud guys... Cuban will offer him max...