1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sad] High School Student, Tweeted 144 Times Before Committing Suicide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrdave543, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

yeah I saw this on the news the other night..sad. it seemed adults never took it seriously and they let her down.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

god, that is SO horrible. :(

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Between this and the Penn State mess... Man, f-ck this world.

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

Horrible.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Some people need to be shot like the filthy animals that they are.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

550 people did nothing. Kind of sad.

8. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Yeah, this whole Penn State thing has been sort of haunting my mind, in part a product of the media inundation, but resulting mostly in the undeniably palpable admission in my own declining faith in my fellow man.

I didn't really want to read the tweets, but my curiosity would have nothing of it. I wish I hadn't. Suffice it to say the girl was molested by her father and had trouble growing emotionally, and sexually because of it. F**king atrocity.

This is really depressing me far more than any other disconnected narrative I can recall. I mean I know there have always been predators, and threats to our children, and parenting has always had a need to evolve and vary its tactical protection of young ones, but the sad reality is that the tracked and registered nature of our lives gives us a false trust in an order that lapses in its obligation to categorize the facaded chaos of predation.

We have institutionalized these sorts of behaviors. Channels of family, school, foster homes, and a litany of other assumed 'safe-houses' have become the only remaining vessel for such indecent and invisible abuse.

What are we worth, as a society if we cannot protect our children?

/no faith in society rant

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What the **** is wrong with this world?

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Perhaps even more depressing than the story itself, is the focus on twitter instead of our law enforcement agency by the press.

I don't use social netowrking myself, but I can't imagine twitter followers that I don't actually know would take my tweets seriously. OTOH, social services and cops should be better at judging these things and take these cases seriously.

11. liljojo

liljojo Member

To be fair, she was a high schooler posting between 9:45am and 2:00pm on a Monday. I'm assuming the majority of her followers didn't see the tweets until it was too late.

That said, at least a couple of her followers probably DID see the tweets and should have gotten help. Just speculating though.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm assuming most, if not all, of those followers were in school at the time (the tweets are from 10 AM to 1 PM on Monday Nov 7) I can't really blame them

13. Dei

Dei Member

A tragedy. She was hot.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

this^

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

It's a tragedy that a young girl just killed herself and you're judging her looks.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Poor kid...she went through the whole gambit of CPS and social workers apparently, and they all let her down.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As sad as this is, (and I haven't and won't read the tweets -- I just read the report), we have no idea what her mental health was or if any of her allegations of abuse were valid.

I'm just surprised to see people posting that "she was abused," when we actually have no idea. She could have been flat out nutters, bless her heart, which is also monumentally sad.

It's not like Penn State where you have this whole grand jury report to look at (and barf, by the way. that's why I'm wide awake at 3:30 a.m. :()

I've run into mentally disturbed people at about this age and they may even believe what they're saying but their stories can be complete fabrications. We (interweb users) just don't know at this point.

18. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the internets make me sad sometimes.

#18 weakfromtoday, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  19. no_answer

no_answer Member

I can't read it. There's just too many horrible things going on, reading the details sucks away my happiness.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

First tweet was 10.50 at night.