1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson needs to go and Harden needs to start recruiting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jun 5, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Rockets can become the next superteam IF we find a way to dump Anderson and his $20 million salary.

If the cap is at $102 million this offseason, by dumping Anderson the Rockets would have $32 million to play around with.

We need to offload Anderson to some team and I'd offer Dekker in order to do it. If Morey can pull that off, the Rockets would have the same roster minus Anderson/Dekker and with around $35 million in money to spend. That is room for two top tier free agents if they are willing to take slight paycuts, which should be easy because all FAs know that without forming a superteam GSW can't be beaten.

With Harden recruiting, MDA's friendly system, and our solid core of role players, I believe that we can easily convince two all stars to sign with us this offseason. Griffin/Hayward may be unwilling to take paycuts, but I could see Lowry and Millsap signing with us.

Lowry/Beverley
    Harden/Lou
    Ariza/Gordon
    Millsap/Trezl
    Capela/Nene

That is a 60-win team and could be competitive against the Warriors in a series.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im sorry i lost you there. i think you just said ryan anderson needs to help james harden recruit players in the offseason?

bloodwings19 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I don't like ryno contract either but he helps us spread the floor alot. I honestly don't think Milsap is worth the max at that age.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#RandomTradeThread

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

BRUH

Lowry and Milsap are eligible to have contracts starting at 35 million each this summer. ONE of them signing for 32 mill WOULD be a paycut. There's not a chance in hell either one of them signs for anything close to 16 mill per, both will get 30-35 mill per.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

delusional post by the OP...35 mil isn't even close to enough room to get u 2 top tier free agents...

I immediately stopped reading after that...

The max will be starting at at least 30 mil/yr for guys like Griffin and Hayward, and a guy like Lowry can sign a contract starting at 35 mil/yr. These guys are gonna agree to come here for half of what they could possibly be making?

malakas, Deuce, Brown Lost It and 2 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

thank u...some of the stuff that gets said on here just makes me smh

8. Mr. Space City

lowry trash in the playoffs anyways,

and milsap has gone from underrated to overrated.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh you said he needs to go! thats a lot better then.

yeah he does need to go, like now! RIGHT NOW! leave, bye, you're an elite stretch 4 go net us something good fo i bust a cap

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hayward or bust.

11. threepointshot3

Rynos contract will be next to impossible to move unless you include Ariza or Lou in any deal. Ryno for what he is getting paid has very little value.

jim1961 likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd take anybody that can be consistent home/road. Road monster is nice but it's almost not worth having for wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man at home.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Haha. You make it all sound so easy. What you propose is probably impossible. It will be very hard to unload Anderson. It would take more than throwing in Dekker. And then you say it would be "easy" to convince two all stars to take pay cuts to sign with the Rockets. I don't see top tier free agents giving up tens of millions to sign with the Rockets.

I guess we can dream though.

14. ballgame

ballgame Member

While I do agree Anderson needs to go! Millsap and Lowry doesn't get us there. We Need to go after Gordon and Ibaka. Ibaka and Capela will make a strong front court and give us something we need, which is Length. And Gordon give us something else we need, which is another serious threat

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Samuel Dekker has very little value. No team is going to touch Ryno just by unloading scrubbish Dekker on them

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

not happening OP

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Anderson had multiple sutiors the past offseason, and he performed as he always did this season.

If we wanted to dump him, we could.

As it has already been said 1000x times, money is not really the issue, the Rockets need players that want to come here.

bigred77 and feelgoodjones like this.
  18. rockets13champs

That's not gonna move the needle.

Name 3 guys on this squad who can outshoot Steph Klay and Kd?
    1. Harden
    Lowry and Milsap not doing that for u

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah this was phrased weird lol

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I agree with you but Morey would NEVER trade Dekker as a bonus. Morey said in interviews many times that he thinks Dekker is currently better than Harrison Barnes (which is fking ridiculous) and it's one of the main reasons he didn't pull the trigger for Ibaka and Cousins because Orlando and Sac both wanted Dekker in the deal.

Think, if we had Cousins right now with Harden. It'd be 10x easier to recruit a 3rd All-Star to join us.