1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Jeff Green to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Dec 6, 2014.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm with this

Green adds nothing to this team, he is only putting up decent stats right now because he is on a garbage team. I would definitely take Lance over him

2. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Green is a stud, but not a need with Ariza and Pap, we Need a stretch 4, but Dmo is quickly becoming that, and Jones we know can play. The only real position I think we need is a back 5.
    To me we don't really want to mess up the chemistry these guys have shown, I would be very careful in making a trade.

3. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Are you people seriously discussing and applauding the suggestion of trading Papanikolaou for Stephenson? Great idea, maybe if we threw in a bag of chips we could get Cleveland to toss LeBron our way.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We need a back up 2 or trade Jones/DMo for a legit starting PF. Green isn't the answer

5. Zbed

Zbed Member

Jeff Green would be a nice player but I really don't want to give any of our guys up Pap, Jet, Canaan, Dmo have all helped us a lot. I'd do it if it was just for picks but i don't think that's the case.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

precisely why I don't believe the rockets will make a major move this year. the injuries changed their plans when the bench began showing up.

our perceived weakness at the one is gone

our perceived weakness at the backup center is not what we thought it was

our two guard is set

our three is set

we could improve at the four, but no team is spectacular in all positions and to strengthen the four we hurt another area.

throwing it back to the jailblazers series - this years dmo would get more burn than last years asik. he's more mobile and it's a huge benefit to our help defense. as good as asik was at individual defense, his footspeed hurt us.

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I actually like the Green trade as long as we're not giving up too much. My prediction is Morey pulls the trigger and trades for Green. He will bolster a weak bench and will play small ball 4. He is a plus defender and will spell Ariza defending the opposition's best offensive player. Finally, he will be crucial against the teams we struggle against the most: the Clippers and the Thunder. He will have to force the Griffins and Ibakas of the world to guard him on the perimeter, which will allow our guards to penetrate and Dwight the space to operate. Obviously, the downside is the lack of rebounding and interior defense. But, if you're looking for a realistic trade target that won't blow up the team, he could be what we need. He may not be the final piece, but I know for sure he will help against the teams that give Houston a lot of trouble and we will have to face them in the post season if we want to get anywhere.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

YES!!!!!!!!

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your really going to compare Lance and Lebron? :rolleyes:

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Jones and D-Mo are not starting quality PFs? Well they provide so much value for <$4M a season it is hilarious to believe Morey is not extremely happy with the results. And when Jones and Howard return D-Mo can superbly fill in at the 5 when Howard rests. After Bev and Howard were injured the defense has not suffered at all. 6-2, against all odds. With Dorsey getting significant minutes (well at least a lot more than the 4 mpg he deserves).

11. Raven

Raven Member

No guarantee that Jones will stay healthy. Just saying.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No thanks.

A soft player that often disappears when you need him.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

but if he's not healthy - and I'm assuming you're implying due to his current injury - then we can't trade him.

you don't then turn around and give away another rotation player to backfill a rotation player (unless it's a huge upgrade at the 4 and I don't see LA walking through that door)

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd like green on our squad, but in order to trade for Green we'd have to have a trade lined up and ready to go for a PG as well since Green would kill our cap space.

So if we can net one of (Dragic, Rondo, Teague, Rubio, Jackson etc) + Green i'd be very happy. Acquiring him alone though wouldn't do enough to push us to the next level.

I want to see us trade for Reggie Jackson and J Green just for the lulz.

Jackson
    Harden
    Ariza
    Green
    Howard

#SQUADD

15. kemah

kemah Member

Jeff Green is attractive if we are trying to replicate TJ production offensively but Green is a great perimeter defender which a strength I can see Morey looking at but I don't see us giving up too much to acquire him. To give up the few precious assets we have we will need to upgrade and not do a lateral trade which it would be with Green.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

True that. Unfortunately. But I believe that it is much more likely Jones is out much longer than expected and he will be fine when he returns. Just my opinion.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think what the Rockets need is a quality point guard, Rondo is the answer.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am not too fond of Green either, but Lance is too erratic. His contract is also longer than Green's.

19. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Jeff Green makes 9.2M and does not fit within our TPE from the Lin trade.

Since the outgoing salary from the Celtics is less than 9.8M, the Rockets would have to send out 1.5x - 100,000 = 9,200,000 where x is the outgoing salary from the Rockets. This means that we would have to send ~ $6,066,667.

We would have to give up either Terry (+$216,354 additional) or Kpap (+ $1,270,002 additional) in order to make this trade work. We have all seen what both Terry and Kpap have brought to this team so far this year so my question is: Would acquiring Jeff Green make up for losing Terry or Kpap?

20. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

sorry, 1.5x + 100,000 = 9,200,000
    The $6,066,667 number is still correct, I just typed the equation wrong.