1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronald on now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Must be an insult to injury thing. Because I see where you could go that route. Not to mention Clyde Drexler has been doing that on Rockets telecasts for the past few years with his Cookie Monster/Jamaican accent for Deke. Not sure where the Jamaican part comes from, but thats Glide.

Maybe in T-Mac's case an injury, to an insult, to an insulting injury?? Now I'm confused. :D

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't specifically know about Tracy's "condition", and while I agreed that I thought it was 'a bit outta line' I was in no way offended. I like the show and get the context and intent of the entertainment.

That said, a condition that causes that is known as "Strabismus ." My son had it and had to have operations on his eyes to correct it at the age of 2-3. Again, I don't know if that's what Tracy has, and you'd think with all that money he'd have it fixed, but maybe that's not it, or maybe there's a reason you wouldn't want to correct it if you're dealing with it and making millions and don't want to risk something going wrong.

While I think Tracy gets a worse shake than he might deserve, I by no means am impressed with how he's handled the last season or so, and that comment was just icing on the cake. It just seems like people that are against him want to pile things on worse than they are, in some sort of justification. Dude picked the lakers. Yeah, it's lame, but ... well... again, what do you expect. He always sucks at that interview stuff, and almost ALWAYS says the wrong thing.

Keep up the good work CD, these Ron interviews are gold, GOLD I TELL YOU.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If i am Houston's GM, i would have shipped Tmac's ass out of here long time ago at a time when the Lakers' GM said they're listen in on the Kobe's trade. Morey went on Chronicle.com and declare Tmac is fit for the team and not looking to trade him..that was totally bullshyt. Now Kobe has Gasol and everything is fine.

When Tmac's contract is up...they need to take his $$ and sign another superstar...someone that isn't lazy and non-competitive. Someone that isn't injured prone...and most importantly, someone that conduct and dedicate to the game of basketball. Tmac to me, think himself above others like he doesn't need to practice hard. Did you see that one video recently where this British guy were waiting for Rockets' players for autograph and pictures and it seems like everything is cool but when it comes to Tmac, he just went passed the dude and totally ignore him!! His behavior tells me he has attitude problem. I mean Ron was cool...taking pictures and encourage kids...but Tmac behavior is like a total cancer. If his contract is up this summer, i would be MAD if Morey didn't ship his azz out of here! This team does not NEED Tmac to win...seriously, why would you want someone that play shytty on defense, taking the bulk of the shots and being very inconsistent at them. At the same time, taking shots away from Yao and teammates reduce to standing around watching. His contribution hurt the team more than helping them imo.

The only way he can help this team is by coming off the bench where he can score as much as he want....which i don't think he will do. Because when you have Tmac in the lineup, i hate the shyt where he had Yao coming over every time for a pick n roll and do a jump shot. The problem with that is that Yao will never get the opportunity to get offensive rebound. 2nd of all, pick and roll with Yao will tired Yao. 3rd, Tmac being inconsistent with his shots hurt the team and his teammates in general due to making everyone standing around. Not only that, fool don't play D, and has no heart and desire and will to take over a game. These are the reasons i hate him with a CAPITAL "H"!!! This team is better off with Artest and Shane at the perimeter because they're fierce premier defenders. With this lineup, Yao get a lot more touches and therefore better chance of winning every game since he's so efficient. When you run the offense through Tmac, the team's offense is erratic, unpredictable and sometimes even lost. They don't know what to expect because all touches go to Tmac and everyone lost their rhythm.

I prefer to wait for his contract up, then use his $$ to sign another superstar that actually compete and not injured prone. Someone that support the team and take pride when the team play well and cheer for them (like Yao). Someone that sacrifice himself for his teammates. Seriously, have you ever EVER see Tmac cheering his teammates up on the bench?? Seriously...dude is selfless and selfish!! Say what you say, if it is in your blood, it is in YOUR BLOOD!! Tmac has jealousy problem, he doesn't show it...but it's there...i know...based on his behaviors.

4. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

you know what?! I am really tired of those Tracy McGrady drama! I am tired of this guy. No kidding. I just do not wanna see this guy in the uniform of my favorite NBA team. That is ALL

PS: sorry for those tracy fans out there. Just speak for myself

5. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I love Tmac and I feel like defending him whenever I see Tmac hate flowing in the GARM...

But this just boggles the mind. Mostly all his interviews just pretty much boggles the mind. There are things that should be said out to the media and things you should keep to yourself, even if it is the truth or not. And Tmac should be aware of that.

The guy sometimes does not know when to shut up.

I wish him well though and hope he comes back strong.

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I agree it really is not a big deal, but it is not so much who he picked to win it all, it is more on how the question was answered. An immediate, blunt response, to me, indicates Tracy's disloyalty to the team. It seems like, in the back of his head, he doesn't want the Rockets to succeed without him, ultimately adding criticism to his post-season career.

Anyways, I kind of expect this from T-Mac, since he did openly admit quitting on his team.

7. carmichael dave

If anyone's bored and awake, call in at 800 920 1140. I'd love to talk Rox