1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will sign Brandan Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 9, 2018.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He looked a little lost out there in terms of knowing where he should be on the roll or on a Harden drive. I think being a big man in our system is difficult because they have to act off Harden and Paul and know what they are going to do.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Seemed a bit shakey, but it is his first game. I suspect he will get more comfortable. Looked like he has lost weight.

3. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Just as you would expect playing his first game with a new team. I liked his effort. He will be very valuable come playoff time.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I laughed out loud reading this. What a season. THAT'S OUR BENCH!!!

I love Tucker at the 4. On the day we signed him, I'm sure I posted somewhere that he will be a great 4 for us by the end of the season. We needed the extra quickness too and it's obvious this is how we'll have to play the Warriors. I can even see him scooting over to the 5 if Capela is getting frustrated against Green. I'll take that matchup - Draymond Green vs PJ Tucker. I'll take that matchup, and I'll even take Joe Johnson or Ryan Anderson on him. We lose all those matchups, but we take him out of everything he likes to do. He has to guard all these guys on the perimeter, and they are competent enough to limit him regularly.

Also fun to note: IIRC, when Draymond Green won his first ring, he was Clint Capela's current age. Capela is 4 years younger and still improving. With the way this kid works, I wouldn't be surprised if he made our need for another star obsolete.

D-rock and Batman Jones like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Wright looked great. His length & athleticism will give us help against the Pachulia's & Steven Adam's of the world. At this point the only that could stop us from winning a ring is injuries or Harden's effort level in the playoffs. Our roster is the deepest team in the league. I keep forgetting Eric Gordon hasn't even played the last 2 games, given how well we've played

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He set picks solely for mismatch switching purposes. He rolled but wasn’t really looking for the ball. I imagine he needs a few more chemistry-building practices with the HOF lobbers before using it in real games.

He can run the floor well.

I was pleasantly surprised by his perimeter defense when he’s forced to switch in a mismatch. Active feet on defense that allow him to recover nicely if he gets beat. Those long arms help as well with making plays as evident by that sweet recovery block last night.

As is and without time for chemistry, Wright looked as good on offense as Black. He should be the 2B center for sure. And if he starts rolling and ooping consistently, he should be the permanent backup behind Capela.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I thought Wright was solid in the Denver game. What is most important is his HANDS. He can CATCH the passes....the same passes that Black would fumble away.

Wright was a bit too quick in his rolls after the pick in the PNR thought. Very Beasley-like. Just needs to hold a bit longer. But he looked good and mobile. Just needs time to get the defense down and the chemistry.

Crashlanded19 and D-rock like this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So is this guy done? He would make a huge difference against nurk..

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Looks like D’antoni has completely abandoned Nene in the rotation.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

They know what nene provides. He needs rest more than any player we have. There is no reason for dantoni to play him frequently down the stretch before the playoffs.

YOLO likes this.
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He’s old so he doesn’t count, lately hasn’t made a difference really. Wright needs to hurry.

Chanmarr likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I feel he is just keeping him out to rest him. Dantoni knows what a rested Nene will do for him.

13. esketit

esketit Member

what squad does he claim now

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not sure BUT, here's your FIRST "like"!

15. esketit

esketit Member

thanks now please google it for me

jboslett and Tfor3 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

probably houston when its all said and done on a minimal contract, depending on how his injury recovery is

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I REALLY hope he recovers and can help this team.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is your google broken :eek:

No current info on him right now.

19. BALLhog 247 365

I thought I heard he was still working out with the rockets after he was cut and that they were planning to bring him back.

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes never been one to be considered healthy and knees are huge red flags so, well have to see if the rockets think he can play in a few games and help eventually in the playoffs

Tfor3 likes this.