1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

2. Fantasma Negro

Dude I'm hoping for a Josh Smith return in some capacity. Josh Smith was my favorite player for a long time...in high school. Maybe if the Dmo thing falls apart Smith can play behind Anderson. Ppl act like after coveting a player, then getting him, watching him play and enjoying, once they're gone we're supposed to forget about them. There's a reason they're called fan favorites. Beas was never going to carry this team to a title, we all know that, but he gave this team a spark when there was nothing, Ennis may in fact be the better fit but that doesn't take away from what Beasley did here last season

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

what exactly did Beasley do? In reality the rockets had a horrible season and got in the playoffs without a winning record. why are people still so easily fooled thinking hes better than what he really is. hes a borderline NBA/overseas player.

4. alethios

alethios Member

He was able to put the orangey bouncy thing in the metal ring with a net on it better than many others on this team last year. We definitely needed his scoring last season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of that matters if he doesn't contribute to anything else on the court. in fact he hurts you in all the other aspects. it's not like the results show the rockets were winning with him. Just because you're able to "put the orangey bouncy thing in the metal ring" doesn't make you a winning player nor does it automatically make you a contributor to winning as a team. In all the games he scored in double figures, the rockets lost over half those games. people need to realize he wasn't important as they are really making themselves think

6. malakas

malakas Member

Pick? lol Beasly is an expiring potential lockeroom cancer. Before he was traded Terry had to personally vet for him for the trade to go through.

At least Ennis is younger and comes with bird rights. It's basically trash for trash. (speaking of trading value).

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol Beasley bring a pick? yeah right. his value is probably just a tad higher than Josh Smith right now and while that's not saying much at all, he gets the slight adv just because he can still score on his own.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Might get flamed for this but...

Capela/Nene/Anderson/(maybe)DMo is a terrible frontcourt. No team in the league is worried about that frontcourt. We need to hope that Capela takes a huge step forward this year.

malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah good for you that you will watch him this season along with the rest of us. Now when you discuss what he has actually DONE perhaps you should listen more to people who have actually already watched him.
    And blindly throwing out stats without actually understanding the importance of sample size doesn't prove anything except for your own inabillity to comprehend.

oh 79 NBA games isn't enough of a sample size to you to show his current skillset? When is someone supposed to form an opinion on the bball iq, handle, defence, shooting form etc the abilities of a player? After 10 years? :rolleyes:

Yeah who cares about college at this point. And Stauskas was a phenomenal shooter. When Ennis has to go against much faster and stronger players than him that's why he has trouble with contact and penetration that he didn't have in college where he got to play against kids.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This would make a lot more sense if I said anything negative about Beasley or suggested fans should "forget about him." I personally think that poster's characterization of the deal as trading "a 6MOY candidate for a D-League scrub" is a reach, but your mileage may vary.

11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Believe it or not Josh Smoth might excel and Thrive in a MDA System. Great passer!

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is a role player-heavy front court. Not sure why you expect to be flamed. Is there an expectation that these guys will play like stars?

saleem likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Around this time of year homerism and absurd optimism abounds.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I just hope these guys are good enough to prevent opponents from playing a hybrid of the box and one defense.

15. Fantasma Negro

Sometimes I stray. I meant to just write the line about Josh but then I saw a new post about Beas pop up and got emotional lol

16. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know if I would go so far as to say he's a potential locker room cancer (which I don't actually think means anything since technically we all have the potential to be an *******). But it is crazy to me that people think we're going to get a pick out of a guy who was out of the league less than a year ago and we signed for the vet minimum out of China.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same album, different song. Here, smoke some of this...

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you still don't get it. Box of rocks. I'm done with you.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

In the modern NBA, I think that matters less than it has in times past. Good wings trump good bigs.

As someone else said, we have a functional front court. You've got a rim protector that is great in the PnR (Capela), a pure stretch 4 (Anderson), a veteran with a solid all around game (Nene), and a dominate post player that can also stretch the floor and be a playmaker (DMo). You can mix and match that group to supplement what you're getting from your backcourt.