1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Donatas Motiejunas to multi-year contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I thought signed a 2 year deal in poland.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

There was probably an opt-out clause in there somewhere.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He doesn't have the Frame and is just too skilled off the dribble to use him in such a way. It would be like forcing Dirk to play Center. Not saying he's Dirk but he would be really hard to guard at PF. Why lock him down in the low post?

4. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

I sure hope we don't trade for Howard. I would like to play the young ones and let them grow. Like someone said earlier a tanking team I could cheer for get behind and be exited to watch.............even if we end up with the 14th pick again as long as we are playing are younger guys.

5. Possum

Possum Member

You should wear a dunce cap.

6. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

All the weights you see are not current he is 245lbs I think. And he already is a lot bigger of a guy muscle wise than dirk. Just look at him in that first video and follow the twitter feed to the left on the main page of clutchfans. Dude's muscles have muscles. Him and Dirk are to different people and he will have the strength and speed to cause major match up problems at the 5. That said I would much rather see him play the 4 there is quite a bit 7' centers there are only a couple of 7' players fast enough that can dribble and with the shooting range to play Power Forwards and they tend to be dominant (Dirk, Dunkin). Kind of why when Yao had the ball he was a dominant offensive player because when you are 3-5 inches taller than your competitor yet have the same or above skill set it gives you a very distinct advantage.

7. ejarts

ejarts Member

stop comparing him to anyone. he has his own game. just appreciate. also, would he wear Yao's number?

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Nobody will ever wear that #11 ever again unless Yao makes a comeback.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know what's interesting?

None of the 2012 1st rounders has signed yet. Wonder why.

As has been noted, a player who signs cannot be traded for 30 days. Not a big deal waiting 30 days to get a deal done since no team is playing a single game in the next 30 days anyway... but I am curiious as to why the other 3 aren't signed yet. Probably something minor and probably all will be signed in the next few days before preparation for summer league, but still...

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Morey has probably been too busy talking to the free agents, hasn't had time yet to deal with draft picks that are under his control.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

they cant play in summer league without contract

12. SupermoochieFro

4yr deal with the last 2yrs at team option....pretty nice "asset" wise....

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Will there be a press conference and jersey reveal? I'd like to hear more of his quirky, sarcastic humor.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Too tall...

15. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Sure we could trade you now! No prob!

16. chonox

chonox Member

backup C minutes behind Howard, perfect.

:grin:

Playing with DHoward, return of the twin towers!!!

I like Donuts and feel as if he could really blossom under Hakeems tutelage.

17. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

So your saying strength beats speed, because he would be even faster against 5s.

I do agree that we should allow him to develop into a position though.

18. hahachui

hahachui Member

Best offseason move so far

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

intriguing prospect, seems to have developed his body alot. hopefully Mchale can teach him a thing or two

20. Muaz

Muaz Member

222 kinda surprised I remember reading in some threads a while back that he was up to 240 Wikipedia says 240 but euro basket has 222. It's good to get some good news though finally got one superstar lolol when I see him play I just think of a rich mans Scola I know the whole rich man poor man thing is a cheap way to analyze but think about it. He's bigger, fast, more athletic than Scola he's got a polished post game can hit perimeter shots all the way out to 3, and McHale can get to work with him to make him even better I know I'm over optimistic but it's whatever. Free throw shooting leaves a little more to be desired.