1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing support for the City

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 28, 2017.

1. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

When has Harden ever been a look at me type guy.... Dude does a lot that goes unseen or talked about for the city.... And he JUST donate a 100k??? Are we serious???

Come on man.....

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder if harden's house got flooded too

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

De'Aaron Fox, Justin Jackson to Play in Hurricane Harvey Benefit Game

Sacramento Kings rookies De'Aaron Fox and Justin Jackson will reportedly make a trip to Houston in September to participate in a charity basketball game to generate proceeds for disaster relief in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, according to ABC 10's Sean Cunningham.

Fox and Jackson, who were selected in the first round of June's draft, both hail from the Houston area.

Details about the benefit have yet to be announced.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Thanks for the mercy of GOD. Even here at the garm we can all come together and love one another beyond bb-ball. Stay safe houston god bless!

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden needs to show face like Watt. Stay in ppls face.

mockster likes this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

A) How is donating 100K any less than what Paul did? Did I miss a bigger donation from him? All I saw was the 50K.
    B) KillaWatt has been in Houston longer than James Harden, bruh... What is this "just arrived" nonsense?

EDIT: Nevermind, Harden's 100K was for scholarships it looks like.

#48 SuperMarioBro, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Paul donated random 25k here n there. Think total of 75k.

10. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I can't find any news about harden donating anything. Can someone post a link?

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden is getting back at the fans who didnt go on a campaign and support his cause for NBA MVP, like the warrior fans did for stephen curry, and the okc thunder fans did for westbrook. LOL even Michelle Beadle says the rockets fans are not loyal and dont support their team. It also hurts that the rockets rarely if ever sell out. And a lot of callers on sports radio who call in.. want Harden traded

i would guess that its 50/50 on the rockets fans who want Harden traded. Harden can do whatever he wants with his money. Dont trash me in the media and on sports radio, then want him to help your cause. I'm glad that J.J. Watt and some of the astros are donating, but those houston athletes dont get hate like Harden

cheke64 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

What kind of stupid sh*t is this? Let me get this straight, so in your world, if Harden didn't donate (he might have and just didn't publicly announce it), he chose not to in order to get back at Rockets fans? You do know that Rockets fans campaigned for him to win MVP ALL SEASON LONG right? Half of the fanbase wants him traded? Lol, no. I doubt it's even 5%. This is so dumb.

CCity Zero, BMoney and el gnomo like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

only piece of **** here is u

u have no idea if he did or did not donate...foh

cheke64 likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Calling out people for their donations or perceived lack of is a little whack. No way of telling what Harden has done. I've made fun of McNair for only giving a million compared to Les' 10 but it's light hearted. That's stil a **** ton of money.

16. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Are we just gonna act like harden didn't have a historical season in 2016 and most of clutchfans was ok with him being left off all-nba for freaking klay Thompson smh. Yea I can bump that thread if you want

And then this year most of the callers on houston sports radio said Westbrook should win mvp. I swear to god that's what I heard. You even have people here making threads talking about rather having klay and kawhi over harden. Let's cut the b.s. and not act like harden isn't the most disrespected athlete in htown.

So do I blame harden for not donating. NOPE

It's his money and he can do what he wants with it.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

This newb sounds like a LOF returning to Clutchfans to troll

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do wealthy people have to donate publicly? It is a assumption that people are making that he hasn't donated yet and it's pretty disgusting.

Stop shaming people for not donating publicly. Many want to do their charity hush hush. Is that a problem for some of you people?

Richie_Rich and BigM like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

you live in an alternate reality and are delusional...part of me wishes that u were just trolling with all the nonsense or realized how stupid you sound

Harden just did JH-Town weekend for the city and the fans, but now he won't donate after the hurricane because of some posters on Clutchfans and some callers on the radio...yeah, ok...

Do u know that he didn't donate? No. Does he have to publicize to the world that he donated? No.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Leslie Alexander donated 1% of his total net worth

No one know if James Harden has already donated or planning to donate 1% of his total net worth which is around $500K

I would think when all things have been said and done, Harden would have already donated the same pct of his net worth or more as Leslie Alexander