1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets shot chart against Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 25, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I really thought we were favoring corner 3s over other 3s/

We shoot a ton of those angle 3s, that's probably EG's favorite spot. He's ****ing money at those. Man, some of those deep one's last night got me off the couch.

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No, we'd need more. A top tier defensive team that has the ability to switch on us, will literally stop this offense hard. We'd shoot sub 32% and be hesistant. This is a hot and cold offense that needs the referees to help us out in the playoffs(namely James, but now also for Lou).

We'd need a top tier defensive center, and very good swingman I feel. Ariza is one of my favorite players though, hopefully we can acquire one and he's okay with a bench role as he gets older.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Karl's stroke from deep was very nice. He took one, but damn it was nice. He'd look good here.

I'd like Embiid though, anybody else?

4. arubato

arubato Member

No foul was called

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Freakin' classic, dude!

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I understand the strategy of just shooting a ton of threes and hoping you hit enough to beat better teams in the playoffs. But its sure ugly to watch. If the Rockets can pull it off and upset the Spurs and Warriors, the NBA may step in and institute rule changes to devalue the strategy of shooting threes.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure where you're trying to get at here. what are they going to do say you can only shoot a certain # of 3s? haha

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ah, the old "[Rockets/Player] is only good on offense when it's scoring points" argument.

I love hearing it year after year.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

By doing what? Bringing back more physical defense by loosening the rules? 3s only count for 3 until the first 30 attempts? Then they become 2.5? Maybe push the 3 point line back a foot or two?

I'm not sure the NBA has a problem with the trend in the current play. Ratings are good aren't they? I think the perception that it's a problem would change if you didn't have all of the old players out there bashing the product.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If they didn't want people shooting 3's, they wouldn't have drawn a line on the court.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't find it ugly at all. The barrage of threes is beautiful to watch. I also doubt the NBA steps in as this is how the game has naturally evolved. All the great teams in the last few seasons have shot a ton more threes than they would usually shoot, including the teams that won the finals.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Here's the Shot Charts

Indiana proves their midrange game sucks. And we shot more than last two games combined.

:eek:

[​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  13. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Again, 137 Points without a mid-range bucket....that 11 footer was a driving floater by Lou ... we all know that's a lay-up... :cool:

This one missed midrange was ... you guessed it ... Nenw

[​IMG]