1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Road Woes, Don't Expect Them to Change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

You know whats coming. It happens everytime they don the red jerseys. 15 point lead. The game starts to tighten. The crowd gets lowd. The refs swallow their whistles. Yao gets fronted. Artest enters his own world. Adelman never calls a timeout to stop the bleeding during the 15-0 run by the opposing team. Road game after road game, it's the same story. Don't expect things to miraculously change just because it's the playoffs. Like the greatest coach of all time said "you are who you are" or what you do today is what you will do tomorrow. These Rockets were a mediocre team on the road during the regular season and will be a mediocre team on the road during the playoffs. It's why they absolutely had to have homecourt for the first two rounds to have a punchers chance. Now they are just teasing you. They won't win a game in Portland fellas. Sorry, but it is what it is.

2. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

ya but we are only playing 3 quarter games on the road!!! :p

so i like our chances

3. duteman

duteman Member

maybe you need to do a little more stroking of yourself and relax a bit. We have a good capable team...Sit back and enjoy the playoffs.

But I'm confident they're gonna bring it for the playoffs

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Blah Blah Blah....
    ...sorry but this thread sucks.

5. ThaShark316_28

Ok dude...we shall see.

I'm going to go into "OMG BAN!" mode, just calmly say "we shall see."

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think if we do win a game in Portland it has to be game one I don't see us winning game two or five and I really don't see us wining game seven if it goes that far. We need to come out and play this first game like its our last, if we get game one I believe we win the series in six.

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

For some reason I dont see us blowing a big lead to the Blazers. Even if we do, we can recover and win. We might blow one and lose, but I dont see us losing to them 4 times there, I just dont. If we split the first 2 there, we're in great shape.

8. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I do agree they have problems on roads but there is an exception. For some reason we didnt have as trouble in Portland. We just got beat by dam buzzer beat in overtime

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

If we win game 1 or 2 in portland the series is over.

10. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

If thats how you feel then dont watch the games. Dont follow the team. Whats the point if you know for sure they can not win a game in Portland even though, they basically would have already done so this year if not for the time keeping in the Roy miracle shot game.

You act as if there has never been an upset in the NBA and with this 4-5 matchup it would barely be an upset.

Its amazing how many negative threads pop up. The game before Dallas, the Rox were amazing and resilient. Adelman was coach of the year, we were going to easily make the WCF. One loss later and we are a bunch of bums that should mail it in because a road win is beyond possible.

11. HeyDude

I dont see why we cant win game 2 or 5 there? These arent the Lakers, Spurs, or Mavs, where if they get ahead, they bury you. This is a veeery young Blazers team. To me, any game there is winnable. I look for a split the first 2 games there.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Nah, we would have won the game in Portland had it not been for Roy's circus shot.

I'll make sure and bump this thread when we advance to the second round...

FACT: every team that has ever advanced past the first round has NOT had TMac on their team. I like our chances :D

13. ThaShark316_28

No no, don't fall into the trap dude. Let him whine, just say "ok, we will see" and be done with it.

14. Texas Stoke

Its not how I really feel, it's just how I reason. I feel we the Rockets can win but reason that they have played mediocre ball on the road all season
    and not to expect the outcome to be any different just becuase it's the playoffs. I don't buy the logic that a team can turn it on in the playoffs unless that team is the 95 Rockets. These Rockets played just as hard during the regular season as they will tomorrow night. they just don't have what it takes to win consistently on the road. I know thats not what you want to hear but I just don't want you to cry and throw a fit when they fold on the road, like they have all season long.

15. MC Ren

MC Ren Member

i wont go as far as to say they wont win a game in Portland, but we have had problems with closing out teams with a lead down the stretch. In order to have any chance of advancing, the Rox must exorcise some of these demons that have plagued them all year, and past playoffs...

16. Texas Stoke

I like your enthusiam. I just wished I had it. I don't like that dig at Mcgrady though. If we had Mcgrady we'd be sitting pretty at the 2 spot.

And you keep bringing up Roy's miracle shot while forgetting Yao's miracle shot that preceded it.

This Rockets team is not any good on the road, don't expect a miracle to happen.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think you may be underrated the Blazers just a little bit. Their not the Lakers yes I agree but what team is?

If they get a big lead they can bury us just because of the way we play buy trying to get the ball to Yao even when its not working. Von is the only one that can attack the basket, but I still don't trust him that much when things get tight. Ron will go crazy with his 3 point shooting miss after miss and that will keep us down. We need to keep every game close because I don't see us coming back from a big lead on the road.

The reason I think we need to win game one is because it will help our confidence and we will know we can beat them there, if we lose I don't think we will lose all our confidence but I think we will lose a little if we get blown out and that takes aways our changes for game two.

Game five I think we won't win because if we lose the first there we won't believe and we won't look at that game as a must win if the series is tied at 2-2 so I think the Portland will pull that one out. But I agree with you that the first two games will be a spit with us taking game one.

18. Texas Stoke

It's not a trap. It's a reverse jinx thread.

19. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

That's one big assumption, brother.

20. HeyDude

Not only are they not the Lakers, but they're not veteran Spurs, Mavs, Utah etc. Those teams, if they get up on you 1-0 at home, they'll probably blow you out game 2. Portland....I dont think they're a given to win those type of games.

Also, I am not underrating the Blazers. They are talented, but like many have said, they dont match up well with us. The only game I would say would be extremely difficult to win there would be game 7. I sure as hell hope the series doesnt go that long.