1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Notes: Anderson getting comforable on offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dingaaa, Oct 11, 2009.

1. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

These Rockets Notes are becoming quite the trend for me in the past week.

Tell me if your interested in these posts? :)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6662126.html

Andersen settles in

Rockets center David Andersen has seemed increasingly comfortable offensively in each game, going from a 3-of-12 shooting night against the Spurs to 5-of-7 against the Celtics and 5-of-9 against the Magic and increasing his rebounding totals in each game.

“That's how it should go,” Andersen said. “That's progression. That's when you get to know your teammates and get to know different styles and how we should be playing. It's all, I think, a natural progression. It is confidence. Obviously, when you play at the top level, there are doubts in your mind and everyone's nervous about it. Being out there gives you more confidence. Spending more time out there as games go on gives you more confidence. All those factors come into that.”

Defensively, Andersen said it was good to go against the different styles of Orlando's Marcin Gortat and Ryan Anderson, but he wanted to get his first look at All-Star Dwight Howard, who did not play.

“You always want to measure yourself up against the best,” Andersen said. “That's how it goes. It's preseason. There's plenty more time for that.”
    Home cooking

With a three-game road trip over, the Rockets returned to Toyota Center hoping to find consistent intensity defensively and movement offensively heading into their first preseason home game.

“I think it's really important that our team understands, especially at home where we play Monday, we got to really bring it at home,” coach Rick Adelman said. “Every game, we can't let the other team have more energy.”

dingaaa

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think it's hilarious to even consider Andersen matching up with Howard, but at least he's got the right attitude. I'm gonna fall out of my chair if I ever see Andersen block Howard or put a move on him.

But Andersen has looked good; I'm excited to evaluate him this season and find our backup to Yao.

3. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Pro career
    Australian Junior Player of the Year (1998)
    Won 2 Italian Cups (2001, 2002)
    Won 3 Euroleague Championships (2001, 2006, 2008)
    Won 2 Italian Championships (2001, 2004)
    Won 2 Triple Crowns (2001, 2006)
    Italian League Finals MVP (2004)
    Won 3 Russian Cups (2005, 2006, 2007)
    All-Euroleague First Team (2005)
    Won 4 Russian Championships (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
    Won 1 Spanish Championship (2009)
    [edit]
    Australian national team
    Albert Schweitzer Tournament MVP (1998)
    FIBA Oceania Championship 2005 - Gold Medal
    FIBA Oceania Championship 2007 - Gold Medal

Guys, he is an absolute winner his whole career and probably posses magic abilities like Battier that makes your team better.

4. rocketsmetalspd

You can not disount what he has accomplished in his career. He has confidence that he can compete because he has been in situations where he has done well especially in championship games.

5. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

No doubt he's a winner. Its great that he's helped teams win championships. Even though those aren't NBA championships, I'm sure his hunger for another trophy at the biggest stage will rub off on the Rockets.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Andersen showed his winner mentality in the celtics game. I am happy he is playing for the rockets.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I just wish the other 80% of posters on this BBS could show the same "winning mentality" by actually spelling David Andersen's name correctly. Especially when they are starting threads about him that directly link to article headlines correctly spelling his name.

:p

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he called DH "the best" :confused:

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I like that he wants to guard Dwight Howard. The guy has balls. Still, he'd better learn how to cover that PnR first.

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think few would argue against him being the best active center at least.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Aussie Rocket falls in faint.

12. amaru

amaru Member

I like what I've seen from him on the offensive side of the ball.

It looks like he has some range on his jumper and that his post moves are adequate.

I think he has the perfect offensive game for a back-up center.

His defense needs improving, but that will come with time *hopefully*

All in all, I think he will be another solid pick-up by one Darryl Morey.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No wonder durvasa is confused.
    Everybody spells his name Anderson.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Previous accomplishments don't mean much when you get to the NBA. Compare Kobe's previous accomplishments to Battier's. There have been plenty of "winners" that got into the league and didn't become more than decent role players. We need to see what he can do at this level of competition.

I wish people would get over this. Anderson is a very common name and spelling here. It's pretty easy to get Andersen and Anderson mixed up.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=175484

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Really?!?! You have now posted in multiple threads expressing your disdain for other posters who actually care about spelling a player's name correctly. Why do YOU care so much? Having enough respect for a player to spell his name correctly is something about which it is worth caring at least a little bit. Getting upset with those wanting to spell a name correctly doesn't strike me as very high on the "THAT's worth a post" scale.

But maybe that's just me.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As a fan, it's sometimes hard to be patient with developing players. I think Andersen will fit in just fine, but there will definitely be some obstacles. If that jumper of his is consistent enough, he and Scola will be difficult to handle. Jumpers all over the place...mixed in with Speedy Gonzales and Trevor Ariza. Obviously, the team has a ton of potential.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Sorry, commented in this thread before i saw the other thread. When I saw the other thread I thought it was a better place for the post. I was fishing for a response, i guess.

I've just seen a few posts where someone corrected a previous poster on the spelling of Andersen's name and it came off a little condescending...in somewhat of an angry tone. It's not that I care so much as I'm confused at the um...hostility. Even this post I'm replying too seems a bit angry.

I don't know, I've seen posters misspell a player's name before but people never seemed angry about it...and his name has an uncommon spelling (at least around here) of a very common name.

19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Channing Frye >>>>>>>> David Andersen

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never mind, mate. Your intention is what counts. ;)