1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets New Logo and Unis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets52, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Time to get rid of the reggie Toyota looking logo?

1. Yes

145 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Logo is fine I’m sorry but those concepts thrown around are nothing special either. Logo might need a little tweak.

Teams going back to some specific era as their main jerseys with very little changes is just odd. Leave that for the classics.

I would like a twist with our colours and maybe space and or fire theme like our videos.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Meh

He needs to be tilting his head forward, not chin up in the air. We need to see that hair so we have the teams logo on the front of our Jerseys.

I'll be all in on these then

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

That's because those are not the Portland Trailblazers. It's the L.A. clippers.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Those are the Clippers throwbacks from before they moved to LA

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Whoops... didn’t see your post before i replied lol.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This picture shows everything wrong with our logo

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes and no. It is cut off like the rest. I mean, the Rockets could easily iterate it and refine it into a "roundel" which appears to be the creative movement in the NBA. Just put the "R" in a roundel.

e.g.
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Creative movement? The Celtics are the only team with that design on the graphic and they've had the same logo for 70 years.

Plus we had that in [​IMG]

10. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

that **** look like a pregnant basketball

topfive likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Put some respeck on that championship logo.

Caesar, RasaqBoi and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Rockets logo and branding absolutely sucks.

That said, the main problem here is they enlarged the logo to some zoom size that makes it look worse while also choosing a background color very similar to their color. If they went with a dark Bucks-esque green for example, the Bucks logo would be looking bad here.

But again... as you noted, horrible logo. For one, every other one has some contrast anyway. So even with the color issue, with some multi-color scheme, this would be better. For two, it's a horrible logo, lol.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The entire GARM is full of misleading thread titles today. Let’s add a thread saying “Rockets beat Warriors” and “Rockets Championship” while we’re at it.

At least put a question mark in the thread title, you bums.

14. onreego

onreego Member

So I heard that Tilman actually likes what the Rockets have currently and is fine with sticking with this brand. The design team supposedly has concepts that they're ready to present but the opportunity just hasn't come up. I was thinking as a new owner he would want to put his stamp on it in some way.

D-rock likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe a Larry O'Brien trophy in the now-empty trophy case would do the trick.

D-rock and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's a throwWAYback jersey. Those are from the Buffalo Braves franchise before they moved to San Diego and became the Clippers.

D-rock and waytookrzy079 like this.
  17. bmd

bmd Member

Here are my thoughts about the branding:

1. I actually don't mind the current logo. It's grown on me, and I have yet to see a retro-style logo that looks good. They all look either cartoonish, tacky, or both.

2. I don't mind going back to the ketchup and mustard color scheme, but keep the yellow to a MINIMUM. Too many concepts that I see use way too much yellow. Even the retro-modern ketchup and mustard uniforms the team wore last a few years back had too much yellow. The championship era uniforms were mostly red and white with just a touch of yellow on the trim. I find the concepts go way too far with the yellow and make the uniforms look like McDonalds.

3. I really like the black alternate uniform. I would be very happy if they made the same uniform into home and road versions

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Underrated statement right here.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agree with this analysis. It is more about "iteration" then making up something new or drastic changes.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I just did a horrible photoshop using the black alternate uniform as the template and making a home white out of it with the retro colors. My photoshop work obviously sucks here, but it gives a general idea of the look.

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.