1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have solid bench.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you think 3 of your best players who carry the team are out, and you lead after playing 3 quarters
    93-86. To me that saying a whole lot. Now Everyone knows if harden was in there, the other players would of focus on there defensive assignments and not so much on how they were gonna score.

Tbh they could be a Andrea Iggy away from dominating the league, or if they had a really good player like Montrez Harrell, those 2 coming off the bench as well as house, gordon and Hart.

#1 Le$$, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the game last night was fun to watch for 3 quarters, but I wouldn't get too up or down about the Rockets bench because of it. I don't think anyone in their right mind should look at the players surrounding Harden & Westbrook and think to themselves "Oh yeah... that's good enough to win a title". I like alot of the pieces, but lets be honest.... Morey has work to do prior to the trade deadline.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These guys got way more minutes than they use too.
    They got tired in the 4th . . .their stamina had no built up
    This is a game where Chandler and Thabo should have gotten some time

That said

I think what comes out of this game is
    1. Hartenstein - is ready to take 15~20 minutes a game. He is in the role Capela was when we had Howard
    2. Clark - can spell PJ a solid 10~15 minutes a night - PJ SHOULD NOT be going 40 a night.
    3. Clemons should get 5~10 minutes a night - Shifting Harden or Ego to the SF position
    4. House - needs to remain aggresive
    5. Ego is still Ego

Chandler, NeNe and Thabo - are there for emergency and mentoring purposes only.

Rocket River

H-Town Info, edwardc, Ramo$e and 17 others like this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think we still need to upgrade our bench players especially small forward and power forward position vs Lakers, Bucks, Dallas. I think warriors will come back as 8th seed with curry and Thompson come back, but it really depends on how much game they lose at this moment. Usually losing 42 match can become 8th seed.
    If they dont sign new players, Houston can let Harkinstein to play both center and power forward position. Give some time for Gary Clark to play small forward position for the case if they dont want to trade in strong players

ico4498, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We need a offensive rebounder power forward with Dennis Rodman Dna. A hustling maniac that rebounds miss threes and creates opportunities for scorers and can D' up on his man to a reasonable degree..

Ramo$e and Highlyrated like this.
  7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I agree that Hartenstein should get backup C minutes, unless we're playing one of the few teams that could punish us inside (i.e. LAL, Philly etc), in which case Chandler can get those backup minutes. He's active and has some skill, he's just lacking in polish -- which he needs PT to develop.

Iggy would be perfect for 20 minutes a game. We'd still be lacking that 6'8"-6'9" defensive F that we've been missing since Ariza/LMAM left, but I'd feel much better about our 9-10 man rotation with Iggy in there.

Highlyrated and amaru like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

While I would be happy if Iggy wound up being bought out and choose the Rockets........ keep in mind that he has not played at all this season and turns 36 years old in a month.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

Nook likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

making him absolutely PERFECT for the Rockets

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Are you new here? Having an optimistic attitude is not welcome on Clutchfans October - June.

[​IMG]

12. xaos

xaos Member

It was a perfect game to showcase our trade assets :D;):p

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

indeed...when does harden ever take a game off...I think that's what they were doing

Highlyrated likes this.
  14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

hmmmm, im thinking, yeah, but really dunt want this game to be seen as an optimistic one for morey. our size problem are there, particularly at 3 & 4 position, the problem has been exposed in a couple of previous games and awaiting to be tweaked around midseason.

Highlyrated likes this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If we had a primary ball handler we would’ve won last night. Once they started pressing the ball handler that was a wrap for us in the 4th. I enjoyed that game last night though because they facilitated and made a lot of good passes even when they were gassed in the 4th. I want to see Westbrook play with the squad without Harden very badly

Highlyrated likes this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Also what happened to Vince Edwards?

17. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, love listening every game the announcers saying, with this line-up, our short lineup, we can switch everything since everyone out there is same size......... we need to rebound as a team.......... height is way over rated in basketball, we don't need it, we'll just play our 6'5" guy at center.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

OKC G League Team.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Man you're right did he get traded