1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Declining Parsons Contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Morey must be really confident in landing Carmelo Anthony.. Let's face it... LeBron isn't leaving... Bosh might... I doubt it though. Dirk will return to Dallas..

2. AliefRockets713

Somebody start a Chandler Parson appreciation thread

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You know its not crazy that we could make a serious play for LBJ. I mean if they lose the chip that Miami ship could be looking like the Titanic and LBJ could be looking for the next super team.

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

100 percent. I can't think of any offseason that's close

6. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Yeah it does makes sense and its a sign of forward thinking. As a RFA, we can have a chance to match whatever offers come Chandler's way, as opposed to Chandler walking out next season with free reign on offers. This way we get a right of reply with the offers he's receiving now.

The gamble is, of course, losing him to a lucrative offer and not having his services for next season.

To me, Morey is gambling on long term Chandler versus the one year of service Chandler can give next season.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What happens if a team offers him $12 million a year with increases? Does Morey match? Is Chandler worth $12+ million? He's one of my favorite Rockets, and a key member of the team, in my humble opinion, despite being blamed in some quarters (not by me) of being a key reason we lost the deciding game against Portland. Is he worth $12-$13 million in the first year of a 4 or 5 year contract? That's a big chunk of change! I'm hoping for $9 to $10 million. We'll see.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Soon?

[​IMG]

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Looks to me that there is a master plan here. It's not about just good faith IMO. In my mind there are a couple different scenarios that Morey is working on. This offseason just got a whole lot more interesting.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

All this hype, I don't want to be let down hahaha

It would be nice if we could come out of this off season with Love, Melo, Rondo or even Lebron (yes please!!) but I would be happy with an Omer for Millsap trade and keep the 2015 offseason a reality.

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

12-13 million. Wave bye if he gets a contract that stupid. I think 10 million is an overpay to be honest with you.

That said, he definitely deserves a new deal. Royce White makes more money than him.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets have the final say on whether he stays or not. It also gives them some leverage in a possible S&T.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

To keep the 2015 offseason a reality, we'd have to let Chandler walk.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You got that right! This has been a major point of discussion here for months. Will Morey decline his option, or not? Now we know. What we don't know, of course, is what Morey's going to do next.

1 person likes this.
  16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

When did this happen?

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Parsons: "I will take the 3rd star's cap, thank you very much"

8 mil/year for 5 years. get it done Murray~

Smart move by Morey. Parsons didn't perform well in the playoff, as a Restricted Agent, no team is stupid enough to pay him big bucks. We can sign him at low, then sell high later...

18. HOUSTONROCKETS5

If a team offers Parsons 12/14 mill I'll have to say pass...

Now with that in mind, if we get Carmelo (find takers for Lin/Asik)... how much money do we have to spend afterwards? ... because our bench will be very depleted....

Beverly / Canaan
    Harden / Daniels
    Carmelo / Covington
    Jones / Casspi? / Rookie
    Howard / D-Mo? / Rookie

19. conquistador#11

oh god that russian tsar is going to pay him in jeans! we're screwed.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If the Rockets are successful in getting one of the LeBron/Carmelo/Bosh/Dirk tier, Chandler's contract is irrelevant (unless Les gets nervous about the tax). If the Rockets get a third star, they're going to be capped out regardless, so there's pretty much no reason to let Chandler walk no matter what the offer is. The exception is if Les wants to pull an OKC, but all indications are that he's willing to pay.

1 person likes this.