1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] Damon Stoudemire??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

so its set. Sign Landry,Deke and Dorsey first. Release/Trade Head. Sign Damon STATomire. Get it done Morey..NOW!!! :D

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I know what you meant but this is pretty funny.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yea, nobody would ever do something like that.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Sam Mack >>>>> Roderick Rhodes !!

5. drich

drich Member

this one here makes the most sense so far. Head is going to not a damn thing for us this year. damon would at least get us in the offense for 10-15 min. a game

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

rather see what a 31yr old in shape Francis can do.. than risk losing Landry for an over the hill Stoudamire..

also with the tall PG play in the west... 6'3 with some hop > an old and slow 5'10..

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

releasing a player for nothing makes sense to you?

regardless what some fans around here think, I guarantee you that there is a team out there in need of a sharpshooter from three....he plays decent defense adn shoots over 40% during the season...there will always be a place for players like that on teams.

You dont toss prospective trade pieces in the trash for nothing. Its just not good management.

Thankfully the Rockets management is MUCH smarter about NBA business than their fans.

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

if the people w/in the rockets organization had even the smallest amount of faith that Francis could contribute we would not be talking about other undersized (brooks), potentially over the hill (stoudamire), and unproven (strawberry) point guards.

think about it. francis is done. he was brought back to sell tickets. nothing more.

9. drich

drich Member

you would much rather trade head which what would probaly happen if you sign damon, oh yeah by the way it did trade/release. You acting as a woman only saw release in the statement and ran with it, but it would more than likely be a trade. Read the complete statement that was said and don't just focus on the one part that you want mam. Thanks

10. mms

mms Member

Rumor says Pacers are about to buyout Tinsley. Shall we go after him?

11. Pete the Cheat

stoudamire is washed up, and didn't see jack for playing time last year because he's too old to guard anyone. to even suggest he would be the best pg on the team is asanine...

even though head is a mental midget he is still better than stoudamire at this point in his career.

12. Pete the Cheat

the day that happens is the day leebigez tells us about how he's the piece to put us over the top....

13. Albert Einstain

I would rather take cat back to houston than sining the mouse .

14. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Let him light it up elsewherre.

16. LoveRoxHateJazz

Francis is going to get his shot. Les wont buy him out, especially with the wizard's ability to turn dust into gold.

The more days go by, the more I believe the Rockets are not re-signing Deke. They gave him a retirement ceremony hinting they believed it was his last season. They haven't even offered him the vet's min.

Our roster is shaping up like this more and more everyday. Younger, but less determined.

Yao/Hayes/Dorsey
    Scola/Landry/Haris
    Artest/Battier/Barry
    TMac/Head/Francis
    Alston/Brooks/Strawberry

It's between Strawberry and Staudemire, I guess. :( Who will be our OG? Our vocal leader, and our enforcer? Damn I wanted Mutombo to get a ring.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

leebigez wants everybody. Go get Mighty Mouse, go get Kaponen. There isn't a guard bad enough or unproven enough to stay off his radar. Rod Strickland could want a spot on the team and leebigez would be willing to cut Head for him.

18. BleedsRocketRed

I wouldn't mind him being a back up really. Is having AB as our back up that much of an upgrade over Damon honestly?

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Did any of you actually see him play when he got in during garbage time? He can't play anymore. I suppose he's still a good shooter but other than that he's spent. Defensively, he makes Brooks look like Bruce Bowen and Deke could probably beat him in a foot race at this point.

20. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

Damon was a pretty good PG and showed that he could be one of the best after an astounding rookie season. Unfortunately, now, he is not even considered a good player. Role/Backup player is his label now. Rockets do need a veteran backup PG to assists rafer. However, i rather go with Brooks or Stevie if the alternative is Damon Stoudemire. Moreover, we recently acquired DJ Strawberry from the Suns. He is a two guard who emphasizes defense which is the principle of this rockets team. The current backup point guards are better than Stoudemire. I don't see why the rockets should invest in him.