1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rick Perry's bizarre (drunk?) New Hampshire speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ClutchCityReturns, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

W...T...F...?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YSJv-2qfDNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Full Speech

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

in all seroiusness, it was much better than the debates and dude actually looked like he could be a comedian

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Guess he should have saved a pretzel for the gas jets.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

wow... the double kiss, double point, thumbs up. Comedy gold. That's almost funnier than his last joke, the one about wanting to be our president.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree. It made me like him more.

I did feel more sorry that he is my governor and made me thing poorly of my fellow Texans and Americans for viewing him as one of the most qualified out of 10's of millions of people to lead our state or country.

He might be a fun guy like Dubya to have a beer with if you can stay away from any issues of social justice, the enviornment, economics, religion etc. Maybe just college football and fun things to do in back country Texas, funny things he did while drunk at A&M or when he was in hghschool etc.

6. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Holy god do I love this.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

When I was a drinker it was the very rare drunk whose intellectual flatulence could actually drive me from my own bar of choice. Rick Perry is apparently that rare sort of drunk, whether he's been drinking or not.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You never found good old boys to be even enjoyable for an hour or two? Not even gist for a play or anything?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was pretty awful. Early this morning, I read an article on the speech by someone who clearly wasn't a Perry sympathizer. I just assumed they were being unnecessarily harsh on him.

Perry isn't in position (right now) to present himself in this way. He needs more gravitas, not levity. His new campaign advisers might be as clueless as the ones he's had from the beginning.

10. Batman Jones

I don't have a problem with good old boys or even conservatives or Republicans in social settings. He just seems stupid and annoying and like his mother told him he was cute about 100 times too often. Dumb people who are exceptionally pleased with themselves and their banal ideas are a repellant to me. He's like FFB without the bitterness. Gross.

11. hairyme

hairyme Member

This is unbelievable. And awesome! The mannerisms, tone of voice, content, everything--it's nothing like what we're used to seeing from Perry in the media. This is seriously like something out of a sitcom: guy accidentally takes the wrong medication/wrong drink, goes out in public and acts like a complete fool and so on...

I wonder if his campaign will try to explain this away--I have no idea how they could--or if they'll just pretend it didn't happen.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Despite the lack of hard evidence, this "drunk" thing is pretty tangible. Trivial though it may seem, you really don't want to do this type of stuff when SNL and Jon Stewart are on the air. He could actually just be really tired or burned out, which is probably just as bad if not worse. Way to squander ten years' worth of name recognition and experience and a near lock on the second biggest primary (which might have allowed him to sweep the South).

13. HombreDeHierro

lol hell yeah sounds like a guy I'd go hunting with

14. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Just make sure Cheney isn't lurking somewhere.

15. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

completely dowdified. if you're going to make a scurrilous claim, at least have the decency to cite the full video.

not spoilered, just to piss ya'll off.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/21z30aNO3cA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Prince

Prince Member

wtf indeed.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Look at the thread title again and notice that I questioned if he was drunk, but never claimed it. Also notice that the link to the full video is included in the original post.

18. Batman Jones

If he's not drunk it's ten times more embarrassing a meltdown.

19. aghast

aghast Member

Looks like Muskie on ibogaine.

Smells like: victory.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perry was either drunk or loaded on something else. I've followed him in Texas politics for a couple of decades (know thy enemy, folks), and he has never done anything remotely like this before in public. It is completely, totally bizarre. At least from my point of view, his attempt at national office has shown Texans what he really is, a farce who is a very, very destructive human being, most Texans having paid little attention to the guy, except for the dirty campaigns with their slanderous commercials that are Perry's stock and trade when he's running for office. Well, their eyes are being opened now, folks.

#20 Deckard, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011