1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher] Rockets Have No Untouchables

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Dec 3, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sorry don't mean to start so many threads but found this VERY interesting from Ric Bucher's chat today. I asked him a question about Scola and a possible trade after Dec 25th...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/35772/nba-with-ric-bucher

Have the Rockets considered trading Luis Scola once Dec 15th rolls around and who would they target?

Ric Bucher (1:10 PM)

Look for the Rockets to be very active after Dec. 15. I'm told they have no untouchables on their roster. Just a thought: if you're Miami and you could get a package of Scola and Lowry and Battier for Bosh, do you do that? It would be tempting. And, no, I'm not saying that offer is out there. But Rockets would do a deal for Bosh in a heartbeat.

The Bosh thing is fun but the real meat and potatoes of this quote is the untouchable part. This means not only is Scola, Martin, Brooks, Lowry etc available but also Yao. Something fun to kick around but if it needs to be merged with another thread, please do so.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Rockets interested in DeMarcus Cousins" and "Rockets have no untouchables" are your Captain Obvious reports of December 2010.

3. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

playing for the rockets means daryl could trade you at ANY time. it's just one of the cons to having a GM like him...

that has to be tough on the players. and makes it even more difficult to build team chemistry.

4. Raven

Raven Member

I wish the Rockets had the stones to trade Yao, but I'm not buying it.

The bigger question is what the Rockets want in return. If they swap their above average players for other above average players, what does that do other than shake up chemistry?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

D-Wade and Joel Anthony for Yao+Budinger+Picks+whatever-the-hell else they want. :)

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sorry Clutch, it was meant more for Yao then anyone else but I guess it is obvious, my apologies.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Take a pass on Bosh, please. I don't think he would make much of an impact for us. Carmelo is a different story. He would be the 4th quarter guy, either scoring or setting up the other shooters for a wide open shot. Too bad Melo has his sights on NY.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yes! Another closer other than Melo.

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Both teams would benefit..................I like it. I just don't like that D-Wade is starting to become injury prone from all his years of crashing into the paint :(

10. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Depends on the deal. There is no way I do that trade you suggested... Scola has heart and hustle, Battier still produces and Lowry is a decent player. I may consider Jeffries, Hayes and Scola for Bosh (not sure if that trade works) but thats about as much as I'd offer. I would prefer to pursue Josh Smith at this point because he plays better defense.

11. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

They will never trade Wade ...

James/Big Z for Yao/Battier/Lowry/picks

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

Wow, talk about a heart transplant.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Yao isn't going anywhere unless its a package like James + Wade for Yao + Martin.

And that isn't going to happen.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not picky. I'll take LeBron instead of Wade. :)

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's obvious that nobody is untouchable in the entire league except maybe Kobe and Lebron and Wade. Most other people would be traded if one of these three were to be offered.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Amaru, please pass the bong. Today is Friday, and I want to feel good too.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No need to apologize. I wasn't aiming that at you but at a sportswriter stating the obvious.

As for the proposed Bosh fantasy deal, that would make a lot of sense from a basketball standpoint for the Heat, but can you imagine how that would be viewed? They already deal off Bosh? "James throws Bosh under the bus!" I don't see it happening.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Daryl Morey has never been shy about saying this.

The NBA is a business, and both the players and management know how the deal works.

You can love a player all you want, but (other than perhaps the players mentioned above) there is ALWAYS a price at which you'd be willing to trade that player. It's just that other teams rarely ever are willing to pay that price for another team's best player or two.

19. Prince

Prince Member

The only reason why I would take Bosh is for long term outlook. But if he's not going to be happy with us, why bother.

20. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

But DM said Kevin Martin is not on the trading block earlier this season, I believe the only guy that is untradeable will be KMART, everyone else can be have for the right deal.