1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Revisiting the milk hair firing/misc dmo announcements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockpileindisma, Dec 9, 2016.

1. rockpileindisma

Hey y'all, happy Friday. Just wondering if when Clapclap was fired we ever got the real story. Mrs. Milkhair was on twitter blaming harden, correct? But many people say Dwight got milk hair fired. Well I can't imagine les and morey firing milk hair because of Dwight when they were trying to phase d12 out of the offense? And if harden wanted the milk hair gone I wonder if him and d12 were in agreement about it, even though there was some friction between those two as well. Which is already confusing because reports from a year and a half before was that harden and Howard would eat with each other and not the rest of the team. I don't know just **** that I think about. Anyways if any of you insiders wanna shed some light for your boy (bbhollic plowman Codman cybersex) it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I still wonder if the lockeroom was divided and anyone was on the side of d12? Smoove and d12 were apparently besties but it seemed him and harden were closer during smooves rocket days. Bev is hardens attack dog. Ariza and terry I don't know about. I too am left in a black hole when I think about last years toxicity

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

And the summer that Dwight decided to move on, Smoove wasn't offered a new contract -- even at the vet minimum. Coincidence?

I still don't think Harden was "behind" the firings. I think Les decided enough was enough. It's not that last year's early-season Rockets were getting blown out at home by 30 points, it's that they were barely even trying. You can't fire the team, so the coach takes the fall. And if you think about it, it's only fair; though it was the players who were half-assing it, McHale's job was to find a way to motivate them.

As for Mrs. Milkhair, that might have been completely her take on what went down. Maybe she just disliked Harden. I can speculate privately on possible reasons for that, but I'd just be guessing so I won't do it publicly.

BigShasta and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Howard and Harden weren't eating together alone. DMo was saying those 2 were eating garbage food while DMo was eating healthy stuff so they weren't eating in same places. And it was lost in translation.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Yes, just coincidence, I believe. Don't forget Codman & swyyyguy's comments...
    Also, I believe Bobby Brown took over that "locker room" guy role from Josh...

Easy, saintja2, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Harden and Dwight were never a good match for Moreyball. How McHale got 54 and then 56 wins out of those teams I'll never know. But now, it's a new season and I don't really care about the past. Let's look forward and enjoy this team.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Who ultimately got McHale fired? His inability to bring his guys together. The dissension in the locker room was more than just Dwight/James. It became,as I've mentioned, a clique mentality. If it would have just been our two "stars," the season could have been salvaged. But, allegedly, Harden had his crew, Dwight had his crew and there were additional cliques in the locker room. Nobody was meeting in the aisle except for Jet and Brewer. Trev stays quiet.

Picture your high school cafeteria and all of the different groups that hung out. Which one did you belong to? Did you hang out with everyone or stick with whomever made you comfortable? That's what it was. KJ and Dwight were super tight, to the point that KJ started ignoring James when he offered pointers on the court/practice. That's just the beginning.

The locker room was a mess and McHale tried to ignore the issues that were happening behind the scenes. He seemed to assume that it would just come together on the court. When you have guys with animosity/resentment/Clique-bias throughout a roster, it's going to spill out on to the court.

I still remember the games I watched courtside in Denver, where we consisently allowed the Nuggets to destroy us. Almost everyone on the court--including a guy that I value more than most--detached from a team mentality. It was one-on-one and selfish basketball. I was able to even get a couple of short conversations in with D12 throughout the game. He was more engaged with the fans and the groupies a couple seats down. James would stand out of the huddle during timeouts.

I could go on...

I will say this: As badly as CB has been for us, he's one of the nicest/hard-working players on the team. Completely coachable and willing to do whatever the team needs. So, give him a break. :)

Our current roster is mentally tougher and happier than what we've seen over the last 3 years. There's only one disgruntled sh**, but he won't be here much longer.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good info Codman. I really look at Harden and Dwight for not being able to pull the team together. Yes, it's the coaches job to do these things. But in today's NBA the star players have so much power that the other players look to them for leadership. If Harden and Dwight were determined to act like children, then the season was doomed from the beginning.

Codman likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. Firing McFail was the absolute right thing to do. In fact this bottom tier coach should never have been hired to begin with and if anything they should have canned his sorry ass right after the Portland series. One of the worst coaches NBA has ever seen and no wonder he is still unemployed.

2. _holic and Plowman are not insiders. They have been proved to just spew stuff out there and hope it hits. I'm more of an insider than them. Page me

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hope it's KJ or Anus. I'm over KJs potential. Anus is just awful.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I guess KJ is as good as gone.

BigShasta and Richie_Rich like this.
  12. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Thanks for the info man. Does KJ still ignore James when offered pointers? Team chemistry is so good this year, toss the disgruntled sh** to the curb.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Gotta be KJ

Richie_Rich and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now that's a premium post.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What the heck is a mrs milkhair?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not correct. Where'd you get that from?

She was clear. I thought she was attacking his two bosses. Why would she blame it on a player? That would kinda be whiney and conspiracy theorist versus flat out blaming your husband's boss. I mean, come on. Stop the conspiracy crap.

McHale is a TV Analyst now, and says nothing about that. Versus MDA did almost call out Melo by name, and Dwight.

D-rock and ramotadab like this.
  17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

McHale's wife.

And bye KJ, hopefully you net us a good draft pick!

#17 TheMystery008, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Uprising and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know. He's also one of our best wing defenders. I don't understand how/where he got the rep at cfnet that he's not. Just not true. It's one of those things I gave up defending, but absolutely know I'm right about this....and coaches giving him play time validates my eye-test on him.

Does that mean I don't want him benched for Dekker and DMo. Absolutely not. Does that mean I think he's worth his salary ... no.

but alas, I'm left not having anyone to talk to about defense, when I see guys do well and not. Nobody really watches what wing defenders do, or wants to talk about it much, unless media gives praise. Here, when you give defensive praise to an unpopular contract or unpopular offensive player, you get labelled as fan-boy, agenda maker.

I just like to watch defense.

D-rock, Houtho, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We all ought to thank the Great Chinese internet citizens (short netizens) for the word: Milk Hair.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

His on/off defensive splits are terrific this year. Brew's shortcomings are so, SO obvious (those missed FTs last night...) that he makes himself a really easy target, but he's been a net positive this year.

ksny15 and heypartner like this.