1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rent Gasol for 1 year then offer D.Cousins the max

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, May 13, 2013.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

If we dont sign Dwight

We must Trade T.Robinson for Gasol and rent him for one year

then offer DeMarcus Cousins the MAX and pray the Kings don't match

13-14
    Asik
    Gasol
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Can take us to the conference finals

14-15
    Asik
    Cousins
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Will Take us to conference finals and maybe finals

by the 15-16 season we will be in the Finals with Cousins and Harden being only 25/26 years old and in their primes growing together

2. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I rather sign Jsmith for the max than Cousins. F that guy

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a 30 something pau cant guard todays power forwards. and we're not gonna turn asik into a 20mpg backup center so pau can start at center

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

kings will match everyday of the week and twice on sundays

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the Lakers are to trade Gasol, they will have better offers than Thomas Robinson.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This, targeting high tier lottery RFA's is dumb.

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

They are trying to dump salary not gain talent

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only way I see this happening is if they are getting a big talent by amnesting him.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

We can't go around offer max contracts to players who are not max players. There are too many players in the league who are not max players with max contracts their trams cannot get rid of. There are only about 7 players in this league who deserve max deals:
    Lebron
    CP3
    Kobe
    DWade
    Melo
    DWill
    Durant

There are several players who deserve salaries in the double digits, even into the teens. And you think Cousins should make close to what these guys make? Gone be a very long offseason on Clutchfans

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You can't think like that. Those players you listed are worth more than the max - some of them perhaps twice as much. So if you get one of them for the max its actually a bargain. There are several other players worth the max, although it might not be a bargain just fair value.

As for Cousins, right now I agree with you, he is not worth the max. He has all the talent but he is inconsistent and his head is not always there.

I'd much rather try to go with Smith (not at the max though) is off season or try to get Aldridge or Love next off season.

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's the way the league works. Even Kenyon Martin got a max contract back in the day. If you dont offer the max someone else will....so you'll just have to live with some player even more inferior.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Gasol can still play...... and Trob stretching that 'potential' drum quite thin..

14. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I think Cousins will most likely figure it out one day, probably on another team, see Zach Randolph, however, if the Kings don't match, their fans should probably just literally go all pitchfork and torch on their FO and ownership.

Pau for 1 year may happen depending on how the Lakers choose to move this summer, though I'd figure if they're gonna resign Dwight, might as well keep Pau anyway since they're not getting under the cap baring a Kobe amnesty.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Cousins cannot play PF.

But even if he were our center... do not want. He DGAF and there's no reason to believe he'll stop acting like a moron once you make him filthy rich.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Asik > Cousins

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

People really think Cousins cant play PF and they think Pau cant play PF either? looool Gasol played PF with Dwight right? and they had some good success with that. He could fit for us right now and we can still be competitive until the rental is over.

I would love Cousins he is basically Z-Bo,but a couple inches taller I think. Honestly love the thought of it. We would be a more offensive base Memphis, and go very defensive with the frontline of Asik and Cousins.

If im right Asik and Lin would be in there final year of there poison pill contract in which we would probably gunna have to extend Asik, and Lin would have a very valuable contract at that time to trade,so we just gunna have to hope he performs well enough for the team or be a trading asset for a better PG at that time(Brandon Knight,Greivis Vasquez,Reggie Jackson,Jimmer,John Wall,Ricky Rubio) or if Bev is still around and improved he could start.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Cousins
    Asik

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Cousins will never get it.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

My issue with Gasol is how long he can play for, he put in some decent games after basically being out for 2 months, but missing half the games in a season and having patellar tendonosis in both knees, whilst having treatment no one will even know if it has done any good until August (if it hasn't, he's pretty much done, it's so bad he's trying stem cell therapy to try to rebuild it) doesn't fill me with faith, tbh I don't have a lot of faith in someone with a stress related injury, especially one like steroid knee.

20. swattx

swattx Member

I LOVE the idea but probable not give Cousins the max but something close to it