1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready 4 Blast-off!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 10, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

We are ready for the play-offs!! And unless we go for the triple blaster and get a Mo Speights, Allen or Belinelli, the roster seems to be set with the additions of Joe Johnson and Wright. We know Joe has been promised minutes, and my guess is Nene one game, Wright the next in case of a back-to-back and blow-out minutes.

A team this deep would be championship guarantee any year, but we damn sure ain't laying down for no Warriors! We have the tru warriors ;) Thank you @Codman @cyberx and @ch44 I think for providing the intel and Daryl Morey - whatever his nickname is on here - MDA for bringing JJ along and Fertitta.

New rotation:

CP3 / Harden / Gordon
    Harden / Gordon / JJ / Green
    Ariza / Mbah / JJ / Green
    Ryno / Tucker / JJ
    Capela / Nene / Wright

Just a guess, but I think this moves Green back on the depth chart once everyone's healthy unless MDA can figure out to have a 11 man rotation ;)

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Green just happy to rep... He will be the biggest cheerleader if he doesn't get minutes... I'm more concerned that Nene may sit next to him... Nene deserves to see this backup C situation through

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stay humble stay hungry

(and stomp on their golden b**** asses)

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The rockets today officially got on gsw level and have the most realistic chance to get to the finals!

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For the playoffs, I would prefer something more like this:

CP3 / Harden
    Harden / Gordon / Green
    Ariza / Moute / JJ
    Ryno / Tucker / Wright
    Capela / Nene / Black

I realize Black might be gone and D'Antoni will never play this many people. But this is 3 deep at every position except PG, where we always have a HOF player distributing the ball.

The third level guys are there in case the 2nd level guys aren't getting it done. Every single guy can go out there and give maximum energy, always playing a specific role, without over thinking or over playing.

I don't like small ball as much as D'Antoni does, though. It's still great to have this flexibility.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

@napalm06

CP3 / Harden
    Harden / Gordon / Green
    Moute / Ariza (reduced min) / JJ
    Ryno (reduced min) / Tucker / Wright
    Capela / Nene

That will be perfect

napalm06 likes this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Either one more elite playmaker/shooter OR an elite defender like Paul George away from dethroning the Warriors.

Getting close.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed except wright doesn't play PF for us .

He's the odd man out if nene is playing . He's there in the Harrell role from last year .

D-rock likes this.
  10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol those couple are like what are those moves

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

they look so confused! perhaps they are apprehensive about the increased urbanization of the enterainment at toyota center...

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Joe Joh : More boring wins guaranteed.

hajkov and D-rock like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This. Worriers not even that good.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Actually that Lady was enjoying the show "give meSomaDat, why my ho gotta be hereDo"

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Anderson $hits the bed......being able to pivot to Joe Johnson is a damn fine luxury to have.

16. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Green, Wright, and Johnson all signed without disrupting our core. Add to that Luc and Tucker. This Morey guy is one sharp cookie.

17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

It is amazing that the rockets are built to challenge what is quite possibly the best team ever built.

When the rest of the league folded and conceded to GS and their perceived dynasty, morey went to work.

When all stars all over the league are clamoring to join other stars. Harden said, come join MY team.

Pretty awesome stuff.

18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Now we slap that Draymond "I take pics of my small penis" in the face

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

No, we don't know that. I would be surprised if they promised him playing time at all. At this point in his career, is he a better player than Ariza, Luc, Tucker, or Anderson?

He may be part of the rotation or he may not. My guess is that MDA gives him some minutes to see how he fits with the other players.

He's another option, and insurance if someone goes down. But, I don't see the Rockets trying to force him into the rotation just because he was once a really good player.

I'm glad to have him, and it will be interesting to see if he has anything left in the tank.

red5rocket and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Playoffs are where you need veterans and JJ will be behind Ariza.

JJ can play 4 spots on the floor and that is huge... He doesn't have to be the man on this team, which is a big plus and allows him to play.

With the additions that Morey has made, he's building this team for the playoffs..

T_Man