1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Love this if we could do it. Need to target rebuilding teams or teams about to lose players like Cousins. For fun could you imagine trading for Gay and Cousins? Play Cousins at center. Have to give them Brewer, KJ, Capela, Dekker, Harrell. Salaries probably still don't work though.....

Harden
    Gordon
    Gay
    Anderson
    Cousins

Ariza
    Bev

Or start Ariza and let Gay be 6th man and chuck off the bench. Would be fun as hell to see that team.

With Anderson taking the PF minutes and hopefully continuing the sharpshooting I think the place you need a clear upgrade for the second star is SF. Jimmy Butler or Paul George if you could somehow pry them loose. Move Ariza to Brewer's role off the bench. Need KJ, Harrel, and Dekker to continue to look good to package for such a move.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you're writing is good. but just to be clear, you wanna trade harden and caple for rudy gay and this jager nfl feller? then somehow we land lebron at pf and george hill at pg?

hill
    brewer
    gay
    lebron
    harrel

not a bad team if you ask me. get'er dun murree

3. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

Willie cauley-stein BABY!!!! morey make it happen G!

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is about the only trade that I can see Sac would even take a phone call on for Cousins and Gay (in a dream of course because other teams could offer much more). We would include a couple of picks (even 2 protected 1sts if necessary), plus overseas prospects to sweeten the deal:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jkg92ru

We would then have:

Harden/Brown
    Gordon/
    Gay/Dekker
    Anderson/(DMo)/Harrell
    Cousins/Capela/Nene

Our starting lineup would compete with the Warriors and Cavs! All five starters can shoot the 3, dribble the ball, pass and hit FREE THROWS. Could be the most explosive starting 5 in HISTORY! What team could stop us from scoring? Who would they help off of? NO ONE! Our Defense? Who cares about our defense when you can score 130 every night. LOL All we would have to do is play decent team defense and this team would dominate others' as currently constructed in the NBA.

To build up the second unit after that, I would go pick up Kevin Martin for the backup SG, if he is still unsigned. Known for no defense, but he did play decent D in SA, but I'm sure he can still shoot that 3 ball and he can dribble. There are several backup PGs that we could get to fill in the 10-12 minutes that Harden doesn't play that would be better than Anus or Brown. Chalmers, Cole once he finished in China, or Prigs again. I still would like to see those minutes be given to Gordon while he still starts but staggers his minutes with Harden afterwards to run point when Harden sits.

Harden plays 1st quarter all, 2nd quarter 7 minute mark and repeat second half for 38 mpg
    Gordon plays 1st quarter 1st 8 minutes, 2nd quarter starts till 7 minute mark, then last 5 minutes, repeat 2nd half for 36 mpg

Another option would be that if DMo signs before the 23rd, and this deal is done at the trade deadline, then we could replace Ariza in the trade if Sac prefers it, or even both DMo and Ariza and we keep KJ. The numbers should still work out if DMo signs for about 8 mil a year to start.

Get'r Dun Mureeey

Yul'Cee

6. valorita

valorita Member

Would Noel be an upgrade over Capela in a three way trade w Philly and Suns?

Is Stuckey the scoring combo guard off the bench we can dump brewer for?

7. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Willie Cauley-Stein has star potential, please pursue him, Morey.

8. malakas

malakas Member

WCS has star potential??? First time I hear that. What kind of star? The non rebounding, no good passing, zero offence, weak in defence variety of star?
    I rather keep Capela than WCS. Also wtf. He's only a sophomore and he dares to ask for trade? Character issues.

Yes.
    No. Stuckey has positive value Sewer has minus value.

Cashmoney likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cauley-Stein is getting no minutes with all those bigs in Sacramento. He's a dude I could see us acquiring, although they don't need Capela (and we don't need to give him up), and I don't know if I'm ready to part with Dekker. Maybe it's the white boy part of me, but he looks like he can play. If it involved KJ and (a) 1st rounder(s)? Yeah. Free Willie.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol WCS is terrible! He's not good at anything and doesn't help the team at all. Clint is way better. Sad news about Tysons mom hope he's good. Bummer he doesn't want out too he was the one guy who I thought we could land and could help tremendously.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

WCS became a must-have commodity once he changed his middle name to "Trill"

Willie Trill Cauley-Stein = HOF bound

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

13. FANfrom86toNow

Why are we talking about WCS?

WE WANT GAY COUSINS!!!!! :cool:

14. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

We do? LOL

15. FANfrom86toNow

LOL. Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins :)

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

We only have 2 centers...1 being 34 years old who can only average around 20 minutes a game, if that. Feel like WCS would be a better acquisition and cheaper right now than going after Gay, another forward whose already 30 years old lol.

17. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Harden would make WCS and allstar in 2 years, way more potential than CC.. hope DM is on the phone trying to put something together.. I think he would be great with more minutes and playing with Harden

18. fattz

fattz Member

For DMo in a sign and trade? If so (DMo is a better fit and he is already here)

What can we move, that Sac needs to get a Capela clone back?

Young bigs have value.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Anderson for WCS & Gay
    (Is Dekker ready?)
    Just Cut Brewer or trade him with the rights to Llull or something

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

To be honest I'm not a massive fan of acquiring cousins. If the offer is there you do it every time though. But id rather get a two way star on the wing to put next to harden who thrives off ball.

Paul George is that man

13BeardsIN1 likes this.