1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually wanted to laugh at them too but i forget to do it after i posted other things lol

It's also funny cause they must have offered a future 2nd rounder cause their 2017 is going to Boston and i kinda remember them not even having their 2018 2nd...

Jatman20 and BigMaloe like this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

They have both their 17 & 19 1sts owed, as well as both 17 & 18 2nds.

They have no assets. They are literally offering a 2019 2nd lolol

Vivi, craguin and micah1j like this.
  3. ilias

ilias Member

That would be an amazing trade and doesn't sound unrealistic. Beli and Dudley would solve our two biggest problems - an extra guard to supplement Harden, Gordon, Bev and a back-up SF/PF. Two great role players to replace Brewer, Ennis and Dekker minutes (Dekker has regressed a bit in the last month, I am not sure he can be a productive bench player in these playoffs).

Our bench would be Gordon, Beli, Dudley, Harrell, Nene - we can go 10 deep without a huge drop off.

I wouldn't mind throwing an extra 2nd (doubt the Suns give up on Tucker, Dudley plus take on Brewers contract for one 1st). Would also be open to taking on Tucker instead of Dudley; Tucker doesnt fit our offense as much due to his lack of 3-point shot, but he would address our rebounding issues. For Charlotte, Beli for Tucker is a wash in terms of talents but solves their Beli/Lamb logjam for Batum's back-up spot.

Pete the Cheat likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like your Chandler scenario, needs to waive that last year. Similar salary problem with Noah, who is supposed to be available. But per Kings, Tyson Chandler is not for sale. Noel, Cauley-Stein or Larry Sanders would be my big man targets.

Vivi and Jatman20 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How would people feel about signing Bosh on 1st of March? Worth a chance?

He was close to signing with us before signing that Heat contract. If he has 15-20 minutes per game of fairly decent basketball in him, he could help a lot.

I just really worry about the guy's health. It feels like doctors are really not convinced that he should be playing.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bring in Courtney Lee, Belinelli and Dudley

We need three point shooters

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Afflalo is interesting. Not as good/athletic/physical as Tucker but would be more affordable. Currently shooting 38% from 3 with NYK.

#1407 D-rock, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    ramotadab likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why do we need 3pt shooters? We have 4 of the top 10 or 15 shooters in the NBA. We are the second best offense in the league but not even top 10 defense.

I would like to get Courtney Lee though, he plays both sides, worth his contract, could be on the court with any of our current rotation guards.

9. Pete the Cheat

Lee and Dudley essentially make the same amount of money, so you would have to choose between either of those and could still add Belinelli at the price tag of Brewer, KJ, Ennis and pick. Any of those 3 taking Brewer's minutes is a win in my book.

Amel likes this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Trade two second round picks for Jameer Nelson. He would fit in nice as a back up point guard. Then trade Corey Brewer for someone who is more useful than him, maybe for 7 million Gatorades?

11. micah1j

micah1j Member

If the NBA would allow it. No one is sure if the NBA will allow him to play though.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Want a laugh? Kyler says Suns looking for an UNPROTECTED 1st rounder for Tucker.

Snort!

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I kinda feel that Morey might be holding out for Bosh & that is why D-Mo was allowed to walk. Morey loves to
    pursue the same players relentlessly. The Rockets could have walked away from D-Mo this summer.
    This is why I think the Rockets will do at least a modest trade by the trade deadline.

Here is an article off b/r.......I like both trades. Note Sefolosha corner 3P%. I believe PER of 14 is league avg.

http://hoopshabit.com/2017/01/20/houston-rockets-trades-true-contenders/

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Bosh gets released after March 1st he is not eligible for the playoffs.

Vivi likes this.
  15. basketballholic

Try this one:

Ariza, Brewer, Bev, Ennis, KJ, Capela for Whiteside and Dragic. We may have to throw in Bobby Brown to get salaries to work. Then sign Payton and another vet or two after they are released.

Would you do it?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

^ No, I would not do that deal.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We need bigs...nothing else matters.

DD

rockets018 likes this.
  18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Sorry basketballholic......I couldn't get a deal to work. Both Whiteside and Dragic make too much.
    Bobby Brown can't be included in a trade (I believe) this year.

rockets018 likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If you want bigs.....there is big! - Boban Marjanovic

I mean, it looks like he would not fit here, BUT in certain matchups for limited minutes he could be a BIG help vs big centers. Spurs loved him.

Rockets could move KJ+Ennis for him. (maybe take back Beno Udrih w/ Boban)

#1419 Deuce, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Jatman20 likes this.
  20. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Why not go after Nick Young? He thrived in Pringles offense, is shooting lights out with above average defense.

I think it could also be a salary dump of Brewer if we offered unprotected 2019 1st and KJ.

Young can instantly become starting two guard or provide a scorer off the bench while not giving up any of the core team. this still leaves us with the assets of strengthening our big men (Ibaka please)