1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

2. koby1868

koby1868 Member

No way both go there. Impossible to match salaries

3. rockets13champs

No just lawson to jazz

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jazz are like 7 million under the cap, so they have quite a bit of room. They could send out under $5mill and still take back Lawson

5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a> source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sixers?src=hash">#Sixers</a> 'gauging interest in Okafor' around the league.</p>&mdash; Tom Moore (@tmoore76ers) <a href="https://twitter.com/tmoore76ers/status/700139056491986945">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wow if true

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

7. chasingu

chasingu Member

both teams are bad enough, but rockets can get benifit from this trade

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow! Reggie to the Rockets would be close to perfect complement to Harden. Morey needs to get in this deal somehow.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

HOU In: Love, Varejao
    ORL In: Mozgov
    CLE In: Dwight, Ariza, Ilyasova or Frye

Varejao's contract is dead weight, but it's only one year of dead weight. We know Cleveland offered him to Orlando for Frye, and Orlando isn't biting. This tells me that Cleveland wants to unload his salary, probably just to ease the luxury tax burden. Instead of Orlando eating it, Houston could, and Orlando gets the main missing piece to their team...a good defensive center (Mozgov).

I think Cleveland comes out of this pretty happy. They've upgraded at the 3 and 5, found a reasonable replacement for Love's shooting, and unloaded Varejao's contract. They are also better positioned to matchup with Golden State with Ariza at the 3 and Lebron at the 4.

Houston probably ends up paying the highest cost, but its worth it to be able to hit the reset button with another established star. Just my opinion, but I believe Houston is the best possible fit for Love. We would open up his multi-dimensional offensive game, including the post and fast-break touchdown passes. I also believe Capela, if he continues to develop, is the perfect center to cover up for Love's defensive shortcomings. Capela is rim protector in training, but his greatest strength is his mobility for his size. He can switch onto nearly anyone. Mozgov's inability to switch is why he couldn't fit with Love, and why they were unplayable together against Golden State.

Varejao's contract isn't as bad as it seems. His contract is 90% guaranteed for next season, but then entirely non-guaranteed for the following. The Rockets could either unload him by including other assets, waive and stretch him (which would cut his cap hit down to $3 million for 3 seasons), or just hold him through next season and waive him in summer 2017.

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

BTW Trey Burke would be a major upgrade at the point guard position and will fit much better with this team than Lawson. I wanted him on this team before the Lawson deal even happened. While you couldn't pay me enough to vouch for his defense, offensively he really has some talent to create shots for himself and others.

12. dawesome

dawesome Member

I find it very interesting this time, there are so many good players made available for trade and the closer the date line is more good player names coming up. It must be tough to make deals given so many choices. All GMs don't want to feel regret by making deals too soon. I'm not surprised shopping DH has much less interest in the market given this situation. Im sure there are many deals involving more than 2 teams. The pieces needed are scattered and available. Surely very complex. Few hours left, GMs won't sleep. At the end of the day, some of them will be dissapointed by being to picky and conservative..or not smart enough

13. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

This was on okc radio from their talking heads, *******

14. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

you are lying trailer-trash.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Noah+Gasol+Snell for Dwight, Jones, McDaniels and possibly 1st rounder?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j8e5w9u

Chicago clears a lot of cap and can retool/rebuild next summer. Also receives talent in McDaniels and has the chance to keep Dwight.

I hear Chicago is looking to deal Snell, I hope Murray trades for the guy. Have had high hopes for him since day 1 and think he can be a great player under the right circumstances.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

The few times, i read Bulls forums this season, they consider Snell a scrub. Also Noah regressed + injured and Gasol will leave us in the offseason. Why should we give them a first rounder ?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Then maybe without a 1st, not sure how much the values compare.

What makes you think Gasol will leave? We have a lot of cap space in that scenario and could build a great roster, not sure he can find better spots.

Snell is inconsistent as hell right now, I know that. But from day 1 he had some performances that make it clear he has great potential and could develop into a very nice player.

I'm doing this trade as we don't give up much either, the values of Dwight, Jones and McDaniels are pretty low right now, not sure we can do a much better trade. Worst case it gives you cap space if everyone leaves in summer, best case you have solid players in Gasol, maybe Snell and you'll see how Noah develops.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Alternatives would be trading for Whiteside and Dragic or Love. Whiteside has huge mentality issues and I don't think anyone should pay him a max, he also seems to put up empty stats. Dragic would be nice and I think could fit next to Harden.

Love is turrible on defense, only way I do this deal is if we buy low and trade him later.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Snell is worth taking a flyer on. I'm sold

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member