1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Houston Sends: Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Jeremy Lamb to Orlando
    Houston Receives : Duhon from Orlando; James Harden from OKC.

Orlando Sends: Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson to OKC; Duhon to Houston.
    Orlando Receives: Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Jeremy Lamb, Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins.

OKC Receives: Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson
    OKC Sends: Perkins, Ibaka to Orlando, Harden to Houston.

Houston gets a young all-star SG to help bring in the future and solidify our team a little more. I know Lamb looks good but this is a chance to get a player who is already a star and bring a championship quality team to Houston sooner rather than later.

Lin/Douglas/Duhon
    Harden/
    Parsons/ Jones / Morris
    DMO/White/ Jones
    Asik/

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

why does Orlando take Lamb and crap instead of Harden?

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They can get rid of extra contracts to Houston rather than directly to OKC. They also might be hesitant in giving Harden and Ibaka max like contracts. I'd say OKC and Houston add in a pick. They also get a great expiring in Kevin Martin that they can flip at the deadline for picks or another young stud (maybe add in The Wolves, creating a 4 way, and send them Kevin Martin and Patterson for Derrick Williams)

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If Minnesota is crucial in that deal, why don't they take Harden, that's who they were targeting with Williams in the first place earlier this summer.
    Lets leave 'Sota, it's a bad move for them.

Lets say you are Orlando, you are offered Harden/Ibaka, with Harden being the closest thing to a young star you can get. Do you turn around, call Houston and offer Harden and Duhon for Lamb, pick, Patterson and expiring? Magic GM would have to be fired if he did that.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

heck, if you think those trades would fly - get me DWill and Big Al....
    Kmart/PPat/2nd for Al - cool
    I'll replace DWill in the other scenarion for any mix of TJ or Royce, Dallas 1st, douglas or assorted spare parts if they want em... (along with Morris n smith)..and keep DWill....

Lin/Rid/Machado
    Lamb/??
    Parsons/DWill
    DWill/DMo/Tj or Royce
    Al/Asik

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

OKC getting the missing piece and dominating the west for years to come while w eoly get the inconsistant 6th man of the year????????

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

We are giving up much less.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

you "get for free the 6th man of the year with superstar potential who fans completely dismiss because he wasn't great vs. LeBron, and superb every other time", you mean.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Fair, throw Parsons to the wolves if and only if T. Jones can cover the 3. (that is a big if)
    OR
    We send R.White to Minny (RA with a big that passes first out of the post) but get D.Cunningham instead of Utah

There is only one ball Lin, Lamb, Motiejunas, & A.Jefferson - D.Will would not fit IMO.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

indeed, i wonder how Al Jefferson would fit. McHale did trade for Al-Jeff, maybe he'd figure it out. but either way, IMO he's not the "franchise" piece that Morey said he wants to get.

D-Will is a great P&R big, he doesn't really need the ball that much.
    But I'd worry about the other side of the floor. Derrick Williams is a typical small-ish PF defensively. He can defend the P&R, he has relatively quick hands. But he's not someone who will protect the rim consistently. Neither is Donatas. So that would fall on Al Jefferson, who's not very good or high energy. That's a flaw in that rotation.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

re Parsons - not sure if Wolves would see much sense in having AK/Kirilenko/Budinger on their roster (Budinger is good enough for a backup 3).
    Or that Williams is worth giving up all those pieces from the Rockets point of view.
    But on paper in a vacuum it seems fair.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Time to deal with the devil.

[​IMG]

Jazz really needs a SG and needs to unload Bell who refused a buy out. We eat Bell's remaining year for Favors and Kanter while giving them a starting SG who might actually resign for the Jazz and a couple of PF backups. We then need to find a SG (Delfino?) and tweaks around the deadline.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Right team - wrong players.

IMHO now way the Jazz deal their future frontcourt to H-town.

More realistically =

UTH gets K-Mart + JJJ + Morris
    H-town gets Jefferson + Bell

That's a "win-win" for both teams. Morey helped draft Jefferson and Bell could rotate with Lamb. Utah gets a steady outside shooter and some frontcourt depth (JJJ + Morris)

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

wow, Favors or Kanter trade idea is popping up like every hour.

15. Houston288South

Alright, now that this Howard fiasco is finally over, it looks like we're all back to the infamous 'Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas Thread".

I like this second trade with the Jazz more. There's NO way they give up Favors and Canter. No way!

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

rule of thumb: if you find a trade that solves all Rockets problems by getting great young talent while giving away crap you don't really want in the first place... it probably won't work in real life.

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Please stop with this Al Jefferson nonsense. We don't need him and if he's really all that good how come the Jazz can't find a taker and his last team dumped him?

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

OK...maybe I was greedy...

I used to like Jefferson but I don't think he's someone we can use to rebuild with at this point. I can strip some down but the bottom line is I'd trade Martin for either (Kanter + Bell) or (Favors + Bell) and Carroll for salary filler. We need to move Martin and we need someone who can actually play the C. Asik is ok bit I don't want to just see someone to slide over and try not to let too much damage happen - unless we're going for a top pick in 2013.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree, Utah is the play... Favors or Kantor are obviously preferred, but I'd like to get AL and he should be relatively cheap... Kmart, MMo and Royce or Jones and maybe throw in a 2nd rd....
    and I still think Derrick Williams would fit in...

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

'Sota dumped him because Kevin Love was turning into a star, and they are a horrible fit.
    Not sure the Jazz have been trying to dump him hard. They were happy getting into the playoffs last year, and Favors/Kanter needed seasoning.
    This is the year to do it.

That said, he's not a good fit for the current Houston roster --- or for the current phase of building that the Rockets are entering.
    He's a supplementary, close to All Star level player who would be the most valuable if placed next to an Ibaka type, on a slow half court team.
    E.g., put him on the Celtics, he'd add a ton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.