1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's official, 790 is goin with the Alt Right approach.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of Salisbury. He thinks too highly of himself. They already have one show that is one dimensional and another that is zero dimensional. Poor Matt Thomas...

arkoe and Torn n Frayed like this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Oh dear god...

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What is a Sean Salisbury? Better or worse than a nasty Salisbury steak?

Bandwagoner likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Braddock is the kind of personality that's like a goofy ball who can **** around and to be a funny clown but needs a strong lead host to work with.

Sean Jones is just a mess and a wannabe smart ass.

The show was a failure from the get go.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sports Radio in Houston is like an orgy in a retirement home.

Nook and Fantasma Negro like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The hiring of Sean Salisbury is like Burger King printing a new flyer saying : Breaking news, we just hired a new cook that was previous the executive chef in Taco Bell.

Houstunna and Ziggy like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Yuck, dude is awful

9. texian

texian Member

790 AM first station since Texans got a QB to hire somebody who can actually break down QB play. One up.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty much this. I can't even keep up with who is where and when anymore. Seems to change every few weeks. We have too many stations, too many shows and too many hosts.

Frankly, I get all the local sports talk I need right here at Clutchfans. It's higher quality, too.

MadMax and arkoe like this.
  11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I generally liked Braddock. That unfortunately got overshadowed by having to listen to Clanton and Jones ranting though.

seclusion likes this.
  12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I thoroughly enjoyed 790 when Matt Thomas led into Charlie. Too bad that that coincided with some one of the worst eras in sports in Houston history (until the Rockets got Harden, but even then no one could watch).

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Outside of a handful of guys, Houston sports radio is a dumpster fire of shitheads, blowhards, and fake Rush Limbaughs.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Greg Koch. ND Kalu. Josh Anus and his gay partner.

790 has the worst lineup.

Matt n Ross are good.

BigMaloe, Houstunna and Torn n Frayed like this.
  15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yikes, 790 looks horrible. Thank God I stopped listening to sports radio yeaaaaaaaaaaars ago. Fake ass analysts thinking they know the game.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Damn, only thing worth listening to now on 790 is Matt Thomas. He needs to get out of there.

I'm strictly 97.5 in the mornings now. I actually really liked the Raheel and Del show, so I was kind of bummed for them to get replaced with Charlie. Wish they would have given Charlie afternoon drive after them, and then I'd never have a reason to change the station. Afternoon is pretty bad across all the stations at this point.

All you guys mentioning podcasts....what are some good ones to check out? I've honestly never listened to a podcast in the car in my life.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Mad Radio is really the only Houston sports show that I listen to these days.

ipaman likes this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Given all the sports radio station together draw less than a 5% audience how are all these hosts and stations financially viable. I hear a lot of ED, TRT, and divorce spots, but can they alone sustain Houston sports radio?

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

The bench is good. When I run out of Lebatard on podcast I’ll play that show via podcast.

20. likestohypeguy

Not too long before he disappeared from my radio, I remember this exchange (please accept my sincerest apologies):

For some reason Sean brings up in a disgusted tone "Not like some of these people, who look at their TP after they wipe", which ofc prompts an extended argument among sean & cohosts about it. Sean doesn't budge on his stance until a caller asks him "How do know when you're done wiping?" Cohosts just let him dangle in dead air for about five seconds, brainstorming. WIsh I could have seen their expressions looking at him, waiting for his eventual answer, "Well, I might GLANCE at it, for a SECOND"

Stuff like the above, constantly talking about the random homeless hitchhiker he let crash with him indefinitely, the tone of his voice & maybe just knowing what his face looks like from ESPN nfl stuff while hearing him... no. No way.

Torn n Frayed likes this.