1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Radical Racist Terrorism] Man Stabs 2 After Berating Muslim Women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MystikArkitect, May 27, 2017.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Where are the so called moderate white christians denouncing this when this happens?

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Even then, it's rhetoric.

It doesn't justify detonating a bomb in a mosque, nor these murders.

Trying to understand Islam and Islamic terrorism through political rhetoric is dangerous: whether you call them "violent extremists" or "Islamic extremists". I wouldn't ever turn towards politicians to gain such insight. Personally, I'd recommend The Looming Tower.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

They're likely the ones who were killed by the attacker, arrested the attacker, booked the attacker, and, likely, both prosecute and judge the attacker.

Welcome to the wide-world of Western democracy in action.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The people that love to blame Islam and all Muslims for the horrible acts committed by ISIS and AQ should def not have a problem blaming Dumbass Trump for crimes such as these.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No one ever considers "Islamic terrorists" in this light. Kudos to you if you do. I agree that people suck bullcrap narratives too hard.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

RIP to the brave men that came to these women's defense. I love how we as a people, no matter what our views are, continue to stand up for others. I see a lot of replies from the usual POS posters, but they won't make me cynical. Cowards like the ones in these threads will never take away our identity.

Amiga and Astrodome like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Pretty much. The reason this bothered me is because it has happened more frequently lately (sorry Astrodome but this is pretty much the Trump
    Machine fostering the behavior) and it shouldn't deter someone from standing up for those being bullied. The average xenophobic Trump supporter looks for any reason to spew racist vitriol. It's a safe assumption that most are overloaded with guns and other arms they don't really need for their own safety.

I have Muslim and Indian friends that have been targeted now that were never targeted before. I've had racists come to job sites demanding workers immigration status. This never happened before. We all know why.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and the suspect was Bernie supporter and hated Trump but it's still Trump's fault. SMH

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So let me get this straight. A Bernie Supporter who hates Trump goes on a racist rant, stabs two people and it's Trump's fault? You people are seriously losing it.

btw I'm not blaming Bernie Sanders. I'm blaming the suspect who actually did this and no one else.

#29 RocketsLegend, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Christian is a known right wing extremist and white supremacist. On April 29, Christian showed up to the right-wing "March for Free Speech" on 82nd Avenue in Montavilla with a baseball bat in an attempt to assault left-wing protesters. The bat was quickly confiscated by Portland police officers. He ranted how he was a nihilist. He'd soon yelled racial slurs ("**** all you n*****s") and gave the Nazi salute throughout the day. He yelled "Hail Vinland" throughout the day.

Christian has a criminal record that includes a host of felonies going back to 2002, when he was convicted of first-degree robbery and second-degree kidnapping. He also has a conviction for carrying/using a dangerous weapon from 2002.

His Facebook page is replete with anti-Semitic comments and other evidence of his views. Here are some examples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mayor Ted Wheeler, who was flying from London to Portland when the crime occurred, issued his first statement this morning:

"There is too much hatred in our world right now, and far too much violence. Too much of it has arrived here in Portland," Wheeler said in a press release. "My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives, and to those who witnessed what happened. Thank you to our first responders, who provided aid, and police who captured the suspected killer. Now is the time, we must come together as a community and love one another. We must reject hatred and violence. We must seek justice."

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...te-crime-murders-is-a-known-white-supremacist

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

So by that logic, when a Muslim guy shoots up a shopping mall or a night club, we are blaming him and no one else?

Just want to be clear.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This crazy guy needs to be punished according to the fullest extent of the law.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Your reply didn't refute anything I said. He was racist and a Bernie supporter. He also hated Trump and Hillary.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm not blaming anyone but the suspect. Not Bernie, not Trump not Hillary.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought you were disputing the rise of incidents. Whether there was a rise or not is a straightforward factual claim.

Attribution is a more complicated matter. It's hard to know for sure what the causes are.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What does it matter? Bernie doesn't push racist BS, Trump does. Bernie doesn't embolden white supremacists, Trump does. I could do on all day with Bernie doesn't, Trump does in the scumbag alley that you guys play in. If you need help finding Trump supporters who are belligerent, racist idiots spouting Trump tag lines, let me know.

#36 CometsWin, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    R0ckets03 likes this.
  17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

R0ckets03 likes this.
  18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

you say all this yet this white supremacist who is the subject of this thread, was a Bernie supporter and hated Trump.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member