1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Question) Why do Overweight Individuals Stay Overweight.....?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMania1991, Dec 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RocketMania1991

Might come off as a dumb question but why is it that people end up getting overweight and stay overweight?

Why would you not want to look your best and stay in the best physical shape possible.

As a person who works out on a daily basis and takes pride in keeping a healthy physique I just don't understand why people would not want to improve their body and maintain good health.......

Your body is the most important piece of you. So why in Gods name are there even fat people barring certain medical conditions.

This is obviously a bias opinion, but why would you want to look ugly when you could look much better.....

Just doesn't make sense if you have the ability/potential to be a good looking individual why not do it?

There are no positives from being overweight, only negatives. Most overweight individuals tend to give off the typical perception of laziness.

Sorry if I offended anyone during this post. Simply stating/questioning this topic....

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The reasons they stay overweight are the same reasons that they became overweight.

It is also much harder to lose weight than to maintain a healthy weight (unless you count motivation) so really not so hard to figure out Mr. Universe.

1 person likes this.
  3. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I'm not sure about your second comment. Fat people lose weight really easily (barring medical conditions) if they tried. On the other hand if you're in tip top condition you're constantly fighting your metabolism to keep your cut. As an easy gainer I can say that from experience.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This question often keeps me up late at night.

5. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

They are lazy people. That is the primary if not the only reason why fat people remain fat. And then the waste money on these weight loss programs. So they wasted money to gain the fat and then wasted money to get the fat off.

Imagine if a 300 lb. chick just starves herself for 5 days, she would probably drop a third of that weight, if not even half. Of course, it does not sound so healthy, but all that is burning off is her fat, much different than if a skinny person starves for 5 days (where they burn more than just fat).

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Maybe they are comfortable? Eat healthy, excercise regularly still die. :(

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Lazy person is lazy.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If you consumed no calories, you would need to burn 60,000 calories/day to lose 100lbs in 5 days.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You reap what you sow. Chances are if you cop out and not maintain a healthy diet, exercise, etc. You'll end up with poor habits, which are very hard to break mind you.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

The question is, why can't I gain weight? I've been a stick since I can remember and now that I'm in my mid 20's, all that's growing is my belly.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Lazy people. Exercise takes effort. Gaining weight does not.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Are we talking morbidly obese, big beer belly fat, or just a little soft?

13. YourSecretLover

for a person who lost over 60 pounds. its takes a fair amount of self-discipline, self-motivation, and extreme hard work. I can see how people cant do it. It is that hard to lose weight and even maintain that weight as well. People are lazy

14. Breaker

Breaker Member

Because..

"I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat. It's a vicious cycle."

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Time is an issue sometimes. It's hard to find an extra hour to work out every day for many people. Plus, food tastes good.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Overweight? Ew!
    [​IMG]

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Food tastes good right when you eat it.

Exercise hurts and only works after a bunch of times and not eating food.

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I know some people in their mid-20s that don't exercise AT ALL, yet they're still very thin. Granted, they don't pig out when they eat. Is it genetic?

20. Chopped

Chopped Member

i lost 30 lbs in 6 months, i look back thinking damn i was a fatty. now i feel the same way as op, i see no reason why people cant maintain a bit of discipline and improve their lives.