1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

question for any true nuggets fans on this board about the situation in Denver .

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketboi, Jun 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

What is your opinionon this?
    The Gm, the coach, and now their vp.
    Iggy opted out.

this was the team with the most potential next year.
    wtf man.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

three words

like a dog...

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Didn't really see the potential. They exceeded expectations for sure but that win streak should've been broken at least 4 times if it wasn't for last minute officiating heroics.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I honestly don't know what their ceiling was. They are a very young team, but no star playerss

5. jvu

jvu Member

GM Firesale

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They need a star...

Can't win with Iggy or Lawson as your best dudes

7. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

great news for us...one less team to worry about

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

As someone who appreciates the team and the coach... they weren't gonna win with what they had. So it doesn't really matter. I'd be offended though if they canned a coach I loved... like when they canned Rick.

1 person likes this.
  9. HTOWNBOUND2121

Born and Raised in HTown, lived in Denver since 2007. Watched a lot of games of this

team, great potential but with Gallinari out and lack of star power they fizzled. Local

newspaper destroys Nuggets front office daily. Karl quoted as saying firing a HC after 10

straight playoff appearances and a 57 win season is disrespectful to coaching and I

agree. If GSW didn't get super hot on 3's in first round, totally different story with

Nuggets in post season.... Karl was the face of the franchise honestly.

10. HTOWNBOUND2121

Last point to add to above post: Karl wasn't perfect but feeling in Denver is who the hell is going to replace him and do better then he did with current roster minus Iguodala...

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I think everyone is just cashing out from their unexpected good run. Smart move by them for selling high.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Everyone that has tried to go for the balanced team, no superstar approach has failed MISERABLY. Save for one. That's it.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just Kroehnke the owner or his son

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'd say they failed AVERAGELY. Its not the fault of the teams attempting that approach. Its just the low number of truly worthy superstars that only a very few franchises can have. If you're not one of the few 5 franchises with 5-7 elite stars, you're hamstrung and have NO CHOICE BUT to try that route.

Unless we enjoy 27 teams trying to tank every year to catch a lightning-in-bottle top prospect, what can they do?

Its part why Denver got so much love as a competitive upstart team. Because deep down people know its hoping against hope but they're giving it the "ol' college try!"

Yes besides the Karl firing, its what it seems. Best believe Kelvin Sampson and JB Bickerstaff would have taken off and will when they get a good offer.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Anyone think Denver will blow it up in the offseason? Everyone's bolting and I think they've reached their ceiling.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think it was a huge mistake. Living in CO, I watch a lot of Nuggets basketball. They were amazing at times this year despite having no star. They got hit with a lot of injuries at the end of the season. Losing Gallo, their 2nd best player was HUGE and I dont think Lawson or Kenneth were healthy, despite playing down the stretch. I would have given it one more shot.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They need to trade some assets for a star. Maybe not blow it up, but just do what the Rockets/Knicks/Lakers/etc. did....trade a bunch of assets for a star, and hope it works out. You simply can't win with the approach they're going with right now.

18. verysimplejason

Now, Morey, go and snatch Faried for the Rockets...

19. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I think Denver should have given it one more shot. They looked downright unstoppable before all the injuries. I watched the where they destroyed San Antonio late in the season.

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Kroenke is going to find it hard to 'sell high' if that is indeed his plan. That only works if the rest of the league doesn't know that's your intent. This will quickly turn into a fire sale.