1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put Up or Shut Up, Conservatives

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dandorotik, Dec 6, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I am calling many of you out by name for a reason:

@bigtexxx

@RocketsLegend

@Aceshigh7

@Astrodome

@tallanvor

@AroundTheWorld

@Space Ghost

@Bobbythegreat

@TheresTheDagger

(multiple others)

Al Franken is going to resign tomorrow. This follows multiple requests for him to do so from Democratic senators and Congresspersons. It has been very clear from the start that the large majority of liberals, if not all of us, have condemned Al Franken for his actions. Furthermore, most, if not all, have equally condemned Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, and other liberal politicians / officeholders for their transgressions. We have zero problem calling out those in our party who behave badly. Country over party- I think that's how the saying goes.

You conservatives on this board must be held to the same standards as us liberals.

President Trump has more accusers than Al Franken. You all have to be equally willing to believe the numerous accusers of Donald Trump as you do the accusers of Al Franken - and you all should ask for President Trump's resignation as we on the left ask for Al Franken's resignation. If you don't, you run the risk of being forever labeled as true hypocrites and completely losing your credibility.

Are you willing to do this? If so, prove it. State in this thread your contention that President Trump should resign. If you defend Trump, defend Al Franken, as well. Country before party.

You are on the clock.

#1 dandorotik, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't believe someone should lose his job based on an accusation. I even defended Al Franken before I saw the picture which proved the accuser's story.

My question to OP, do you believe the presumption of innocence until proven guilty?

Also, you would've had a better argument if you brought up Roy Moore

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

4. dandorotik

5. dandorotik

Donald Trump tape = Al Franken picture. Condemn Trump and ask for his resignation, or you are forever branded with Zero Credibility.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not even American. I don't care much about whether Al Franken resigns (I think he shouldn't have to, based on what he has done)). I want Trump to resign (although I might agree with him occasionally, like on the Jerusalem issue), but because he is a malignant narcissist, and a bad and potentially dangerous person, not because he grabbed some p***y at some point. So why am I being asked again?

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

those tapes are nothing and won't even hold up in court.

And to make it clear Dems are calling for Franken re-sign after so much time has passed. They're trying to "seize the moral high ground on Moore". Franken will most likely be replaced by a Democrat.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Exactly. This entire thing has become partisan on an issue that should have no politics involved. It's too bad really.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is no accusation, Trump admitted to Billy Bush on tape that he grabs Vag.

Deflection averted, no further discussion on the topic needed.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Please define what you mean by “the tapes are nothing”.

11. dandorotik

No problem with you, sir. You are being fair. Thank you for your candor.

12. dandorotik

That is fine. You are being fair here. A reminder that, no matter how much we disagree with you on certain issues, we have to give you credit as well. Thank you.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He admitted that girls let him grab their ..... because he's famous. Like I said before, won't hold in a court of law.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

incriminating evidence of sexual assault of someone.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

OPs pathetic. Reading his threads are comedic gold.

SIL

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

which Trump accusation are you referring to?

Also I hate Trump. Would prefer Pence so its not like this wold be a sacrifice for me.

OH yeah and Franken isn't denying these incidents either.

Finally, Franken would just be replaced by some other Democrat, so would every other person you named. Stop acting like this is some big moral act by you and democrats. It costs you nothing.

#16 tallanvor, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  17. NMS is the Best

Conservatives don't believe in family values.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not enough to vote against my political views.

You are against some war. Candidate A wants to go to war and Canidate B doesn't. you gonna vote for candidate A because B harassed a woman? its war. tons will die.

19. NMS is the Best

I would agree with that. But I don't go around saying I care about family values.

SF3isBack!! and MexAmercnMoose like this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Could be corroboration from all of the women who have come forward against Trump.