1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to everyone that went to the game!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yoyoma, Apr 24, 2007.

1. yoyoma

yoyoma Member

I went to game 1 and 2 this series, and i just wanna say toyota center was loud! Especially when the rockets were playing well....good job to everyone that was there.

and also......someone in section 430 had a whistle that he kept blowing during the game....that gets annoying, real quick, i know whoever it was, was just getting hype and was into the game, in fact he even helped start a couple of chants "houston, rockets", but that whistle makes it confusing whenever it goes off.

2. sohrab

sohrab Member

We had a lot of chants going and we were on our feet the entire 4th. It was great. I LOVE PLAYOFFS @ TOYOTA CENTER!!

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

oh 4 sho game 2 was off the chain homieeeeee. We got it Krunkkkkkkkkkkk sonnnnnnn.... the chants were hilarious... one of them were UTAH SUCKS, UTAH SUCKS! lol and the best was MVP MVP MVP MVP!!

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

have to agree with ClutchCityReturns on game 2, while he text me at the game and we talked about how it just wasn't the same as Game 1, then again, I guess we were spoiled to have 108 of us in one section for the first game :)

Game 2 was a blast though, sat in 423 with my cousin, Kam, Mig, mystery lurker with moe/finalsbound/seclusion/seclusion's gal sitting behind us, we had our mini get together for the game :)

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah i was in sec 125 and everyone around me was being real quiet i was trying to get people up it was really disheartening. the suit next to me i told him to get up and he just look at me like: stupid f'n loud kid. it really pissed me off.

luckily at half time i went down and sat with the rowdies and it was a whole different experience, much like game 1 for me. it was much louder on that side of the arena.

i will post all the pics i can when i get back...i just wanted to say mad props to all the rowdies who tried to find me a seat to stand in and around with them. they were all welcoming and great, esp when i told them i flew in from la for the games they all made sure i was with them.

6. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder Member

I sat in Section 423 too with 3 of my buddies, I loved the section everyone was pretty much rowdy. There was some kid posing as a Jazz fan, we let him have all night, in the end when he was leaving the entire section sang "NANNANANANA HEY HEY HEY GOOOOOOOOOOODBYE!" I love it man!

Great win! Go Rockets!

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Cool.

Our group (Dave2000, his cousin, Kam, moestavern19, finalsbound, seclusion) were in the front two rows on the lower numbered seats (3-8 or so)

8. streetx613

streetx613 Member

i think the loudest sections were the ones behind the goal
    i was in section 101 and our entire section was standing up basically the whole game

9. ak47

ak47 Member

The "Bull ****" Chant was the best :D

10. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

I was taking a wiz when that one started and I could hear it in the bathroom...

talk about bad timing! hehe

11. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

did anyone else notice that all the old stiffs (that sit in the bowl) only got up when t-shirts were getting thrown out?

how did that come across on tv?

12. YaoMac111

YaoMac111 Member

Why would you initiate that r****ded thread on yao ?

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

That happens every single game, unfortunately.

Game 2 crowd overall was slightly less passionate than Game 1's. However, they brought it just as hard at times in the second half, particularly after the Deron Williams collision.

I swear it feels like there's a hole in my throat it's so raw.

Evan

14. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

My favorite was the "Lets Go Rockets" chant that started three minutes before the opening festivities. We started it in the Rowdies section (my voice urged by ron413) and at 1:15 left until the national anthem, they turned the PA off and let the crowd chant. It sounded like the entire place was chanting and clapping, topped off by a thunderous roar once the timer got down to 0:00.

The cheer at "The Rockets red glare" was pretty awesome too. It was reminiscent of The Summit.

15. email2003

email2003 Member

Best part of the night, when all the Rockets fans after leaving the arena, mobbed the TNT camera guy for everyone nation wide to see us fans celebrate the 2-0 series lead. Man! I was in that pack screaming and chanting, "Houston Rockets!" :D The poor guy was headbutted in thye gut by 2 big dudes with all the pushing and jumping that was going on. LOL!

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Yes. I like my t-shirt that they handed out. I wouldn't really consider it a prop though.

17. myco

myco Contributing Member

Why do people in the lower level...who get FREE T-shirts, insist on not putting them on!! :mad: And there were also empty seats, which surprised me. Dunno if that came across on tv.

Other than that, I thought the crowd was great.

18. email2003

email2003 Member

I thought it was unfair that lower level people got shirts. Upper level fans only got that cheap Southwest Airlines foam finger. I think everybody should've had shirts at every seat. :mad:

19. corby

corby Contributing Member

Yup, and in both games the Rockets shot on the Rowdies side in the second half.

And in both games, the Rockets had their offensive surge in the second half.

Coincidence?

20. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

I think the deal is most people feel game 1 for some odd reason is more important. If we continue on I think you can expect the full on insane type crowd.