1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Texans Win Total 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cwebbster, Aug 22, 2016.

?

What range of wins will we get this year?

1. 10+ wins

60.6%
  2. 7 to 9 wins

35.8%
  3. 4 to 6 wins

2.4%
  4. 1 to 3 wins

1.2%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is the problem. A game that was supposed to be a layup turned into a coin flip.

That may be the situation for the rest of our division games, even at home.

I also certainly don't feel great after watching the perpetually mediocre Bills go into Foxborough and blank the same team that demolished us last week.

There's only maybe 4 games left on our schedule that I feel even somewhat good about (vs DET, SD, JAX, and @TEN... who will hopefully have given up by then).

7-9 may very well win this division.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm not too worried about the Colts, at home or away, I think they are really overrated. Raiders and Vikings scare me, but I think the rest of them could go either way.

3. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

Let's see.... first game without Watt and Osweiler still turning the ball over. Houston, home of the debbie downer. I'm almost thinking y'all are the reason Houston teams seem to always have bad luck. I have my moments, but dang - y'all depress the hell out of me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :(

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It just goes to show that any team in this league can beat any other team in this league any time. And that should actually make you feel better about the Texans win yesterday along with their 3-1 record.

RocketTOOL likes this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

To be fair, we should have won by two TD's if it wasn't for the completely BS called back touchdown.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

If the season ended today, the Texans would have a first round bye
    ;)

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, 2 people are already wrong.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5 of the next 7 on the road.

What will our record on this stretch be?

@ Denver
    vs. Detroit
    @Jax
    @ Oak (Mexico City)
    vs. SD
    @ GB
    @ Indy

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

W
    W
    W
    W
    W
    W
    W

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My guess is big underdogs on Denver, Oak, and GB.

If they go 4-3, or even 3-4, would be in a good spot.

Finish up with Jags, Bengals and Titans.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd guess they have a shot in 5 of them if things go right. If things go wrong, they could lose almost all of them.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'd say they lose one of the games they're "suppose" to win and win one of the games they're suppose to lose to go 4-3. If we can do that, we'd be sitting pretty at 7-5, probably with one or two game lead in the division with an easy 4 game schedule to finish out the season. I'd say we go 3-1 in those games to be 10-6 and win the division.

...then get curb stomped in the playoffs.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they win 12 games, but I'd also not be surprised if they end up going 7-9. They are that unpredictable.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Texans are without Watt, without Duane Brown for 4 games, Cushing and Joseph have been hobbled/injured, Kareem Jackson has missed games, Brock has been mediocre, etc. Yet they sit at 4-2 atop their division.

[​IMG]

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And their two losses (albeit blowouts) were on the road to arguably the best two teams in the league.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah I feel better about the quality of our wins now that Tennessee is somewhat average and Kansas City who is now 3-2. The only problem is that all of those wins were at home. The two times we've been on the road (albeit against elite teams) we've been curbstomped. There is no reason to believe that we will be competitive against Denver coming up. If we lose against Denver it makes next week against the Lions another must win. We just need to win the games at home that we are supposed to win, can't miss any opportunities.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

They cannot afford to lose any division games, I don't think. That puts them at 8 wins (including the KC and CHI victories). If they can win two of their remaining non division games (Den, Oak, Cin, Det, SD, GB), the division is theirs. None of this is a guarantee though. Now especially with the injuries.

I have a sneaky suspicion they win on Monday. Quote me on it.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know, me too. Like everything is telling me get zero hopes up and it will be a blowout, but for some reason, the fire that team played with in the 4th quarter was astounding. And oddly enough, I think Brock does better when he gets boo'd and he holds a lot of history with the Broncos, I randomly think he goes off. Especially if the rest of the team can get behind him.

No to mention, of all the primetime games, Monday nights are our best.

Overall, the Texans are 3-7 on Sunday Night Football, 1-6 on Thursday Night Football and 4-5 on Monday Night Football.

Nimo likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Add that to the fact that Wade's defense is due for a regression. OK maybe it is not a fact; more like wishful thinking.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I mean after we got an amazing year from Wade he fell off and we had our 2013 season... so he has to be due for that soon, just not sure we are the team to make that happen. Their losses are Atlanta and San Diego.. and their wins don't look too amazing (Carolina, Tampa Bay, Indy, and Cinci) Carolina is 1-5, TB is 2-3, Indy 2-4, Cinci 2-4... Then SD is 2-4 and Atlanta is 4-2.

To be honest, we have played better teams than them. We need our defense to be lights out, make Brock beat them and he will.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say I'm feeling great about my prediction, but it's still a possibility.