1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PPat: James is great..but we gotta share the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 24, 2013.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Pat knows hes the next trade chip in line.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Except for Patpat is no Dwight Howard.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It would be like Jodie Meeks calling out Kobe.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Well, the team around Harden sucks including the coaching. Patterson is inconsistent and can't rebound. I see why harden has the ball most of the time.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight has proven himself over his career...PPat is like Luke Walton calling out Kobe Bryant...he needs to check himself...

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

If he's speaking out....I'm sure there's more than one other player thinking the same thing. Though he's not playing great....he's correct. You do see James with one or two bad ISOs every game...losing the ball or falling around. Even the best...JM needed a whole team to win all his rings.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Except Kobe has Howard, Gasol, Nash, Artest and Jamison.

Harden has Lin, Parsons, Asik and Patterson...

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketblood713

What he saying might be correct but his play dont back him up so I would not say nothin cause they way hes been playing he might be one of the first to go

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lin/beverly
    harden/td
    parsons/delfino
    d-mo/jones/morris
    asik/smith

GET IT DONE

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Its like this, what Pat just said may be true, but there are 2 things wrong here:

1. Don't publicly criticize your teammate (or at least say it on a global level, don't name any names)

2. Pat said it. If it was coach, or another stud on our roster that said it (not that we have any others on our team), we may react differently. But pat said it, our initial reaction is STFU

2 people like this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Rockets are getting blown out of the water way more earlier than that...if the Rockets are hovering close to the other team...the bench(A. doesnt provide the spark, B. is underutilized, C. Forgotten) in favor of the only consistent scoring threat we have...Bc atleast Harden attacks the rim...At least Harden commands a double team...Harden often is defended by the opposing team's best defender....what excuse does PPat have???

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Was that necessary? I kno the guy has sucked, but no to go remedial.

13. howo13579

howo13579 Member

This. Earlier in the season, I agree I didn't see Harden putting effort defending. Even though we're losing, I see him now playing hard at defensive end. Overall team defense is terrible. The only person who helps defense in the paint is Asik. The biggest liability on help defense are 2Pat and Delfino.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are getting blow out early because they are not that good. Other than Harden there is not a single consistent scorer. Teams know they don't have to respect or fear a single other player on the floor on the offensive end.

On the defensive end teams know to keep setting screens and run the P&R, no one on the Rockets will help out or switch properly.

Some of that is coaching, some of that is a team being incomplete on the floor.

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is just extra funny because of the name "Meeks"

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This. End of thread and repped.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Trust the system? I want to know what the system is? maybe i'm missing something. Half a season gone, and i still dont know what the system is.

18. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

it doesnt matter who said it, what matters is that it was said. not from the fans, not from the media, heck not even the coaching staff. it was a team mate and that in and of itself spells trouble for the team. lots of people here have rose colored glasses when it comes to harden....

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Harden is gonna give the death stare to Patterson and then we"ll wake up the next morning finding out pat got traded lol

20. andersongo

andersongo Member

:grin:
    Scrubs can call out studs as long as what they are saying is the truth and in the interest of the team. For if the studs are not called out on their BS, they too turn into scrubs. But still, major LOL at ppat mentioning the lack of screens :eek::mad::grin: