1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about adding Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jul 11, 2017.

?

How excited are you about Melo? 1 - hate it, 10- love it!

1. 1 - **** Carmelo, I hate that piece of ****.

8 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. 2

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. 3 - Meh. Sidegrade at best. Might hurt the team chemistry wise.

16 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 5 - Not horrible, but it doesn't move the needle.

12 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. 6

23 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. 7 - Stay Me7o. Good trade, we have a good shot!

83 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. 8

27 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. 9

35 vote(s)
    14.1%
  10. 10 - I want to have sex with Carmelo Anthony

37 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Literally every reporter out there is hinting that it's just a matter of when...

bilaal14, Daddy Long Legs and Tfor3 like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

mutombo was a better secks

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Really, you have an option to have sex with Melo and you didn't click the option to make the poll public?

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

not gonna lie, that was one of the reasons that I didn't choose 10. choosing 10 and the poll possibly being public... lmao

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Like anyone on here would judge you. @Pen15clubber is well respected and we know he chose 10.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Kick rocks

9. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

At this point, Melo can get it as far as I'm concerned.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

@Tha_Dude why you so down on melo? (for this team.)

Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

If having sex with melo will bring him to Houston!! Then let me get my body ready.....

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Never liked him much as a player. He has the Tmac/Dwight demeanor and has never shown much killer instinct or as they like to call it now, the "it" factor. He's a poser, another player with great potential who just likes to put up empty stats more than win games. He gave George Karl fits while he was at Denver, he also didn't get along well with MDA when they were in NY together. Those are two good coaches there and I'm not sure how well he will fit in with MDA here.

Granted, this is a different scenario and we made the trade for CP3. If CP3 wants him here and can crack some whips on these guys when they decide to randomly take nights off then maybe we will see a different version of Melo, but he's 33 years old now so he's not going to suddenly change who he is. That said, I think he can still contribute here and if nothing else he's still better than Ryan Anderson. Make no mistake, if we get Melo I will accept it and hope for the best as I do with all players who join our team but if we don't land him I won't be mad about it in the least.

Edit: love your avatar btw

Madmanmetz, Remlap, R0ckets03 and 3 others like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** it I'll do 10 in public if it makes me cooler

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Morey's expression says it all......

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I went 8....

if we had been building a team from guys that had been together and had chemistry... I wouldn't be wild about adding him to the mix....

but we're basically reconstructing the team... so wtf - swing for the bleachers....

i believe the buzz phrase is "upping our risk profile" - lol

You can't hit a dinger - unless yer a swinger! ;)

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Well, as usual you have the issue well in hand. I agree that he is not the type of guy I want to be a die hard fan of. He definitely has heart issues. You already understand this, but I was going to try to sell you on it by pointing out how many wide open bricks Anderson threw up last year. I'm looking at it like that. There is no way Melo would throw up as many wide open bricks. I see him, at the very least, as someone who can do Anderson's job a hell of a lot better than Anderson. If we get lucky, he will be reinvigorated and return to somewhere near all-star form.

Most importantly though, I am trying to forget about the individual players and see it as a team upgrade that would be necessary to even come close to GS. Honestly, I have always hated CP3 too, (just because he is a whiny Clipper b****). But, like you said, it's for the good of the team and I'll eventually get used to it. Hopefully CP3's competitiveness will rub off on Melo and Harden. Hopefully, he won't allow so many of the "no show" nights like you said.

I have bought into the Melo hype, because I think the upside of the team is outrageous, but we will see.

As for the avatar, Jim Lahey is the man....enough said.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Pretty much my thoughts (written much better than I could), but I'm putting a bit of faith in the fact that unlike T-Mac and Dwight, Melo has an elite off-ball skill.

I agree with you that more often than not, people don't change much at that age. But there's a significant amount of trauma here, and trauma does change people. He has become so irrelevant and surely he senses it. His interfering in the Knicks netted him nothing, they have continued to be losers. Meanwhile MDA went on to win COTY. Harden emerged. Lebron is in the finals every year. The Warriors are a whole new band of players - and in some ways, he might see that Durant is everything he could've been if he had that kind of dedication to the game. His marriage may not exist. The Knicks have somehow managed to become even more embarrassing, and this is after months of Phil Jackson publicly asking him to leave. Jackson gone, the Knicks still want him out. Finally, as you said, he's 33. Can he change who he is? I don't think so. But can he close his eyes and have faith in his friend Chris Paul that if everyone goes by the plan, most of these worries can disappear?

I've said before, Melo is one of my least favorite players in the NBA. But I think there's a bit of fire left, maybe. I hate to get my hopes up for someone who has consistently been meh. But I also don't want to be a pessimist about possibly the most talented team in Rockets history with MDA, Bzdelik and Morey managing it. Let's see how it goes.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I'm excited 10/10 if we are able to dump Anderson without giving up anything of significance.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Excited however cautiously optimistic

RedRedemption likes this.