1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  2. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

I don't think you understand what salary cap means bro. Once a team goes over the salary cap it cannot offer any money to any player over the minimum. You have ability to resign your players to as much as you want IF you have bird rights to that player. You also have MLE and BAE but the basics are at this point it doesn't matter they can't give House a multi year deal over the minimum right now or this summer if he is converted.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Big difference between scoffing and declining to sign. House might not have though the offer was insulting, but just wanted more money because he/his agent thinks he can get it from someone.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Do you want Green and Randle to replace House? I think they can play both PF and C. Need First round picks thru 3rd team

JaMychal Green PF is available, shooting 40% from the 3.
    Memphis Grizzlies
    $7.67MM cap hit; UFA in 2019

28 years old, makes half of the Knight salary

Julius Randle, PF is available, makes half of the Knight salary
    (20.1 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 2.9 APG),
    New Orleans Pelicans
    $8.64MM cap hit; $9.07MM player option for 2019/20

5. txn

txn Member

Tilman would say “Hell No” to you.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I meant on my original post where you put the damn cap conversation piece in my mouth like an *******.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Original post explains what happened. We wanted to lock House down to 2 yr minimum contract, he said no. Then we had two options to either have 1 yr minimum or to lock him into G league for rest of the season. We chose to lock him into the G league instead of risking losing him to RFA next season.

For me, paying him and keeping the guy for a yr and risk losing him next season is perfectly fine.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

I believe that he would take 2 year deal 4 million, but not 2-year league minimum.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Morey is clearly the best trader in the nba. I don't know why he traded Anderson for injury-prone Knight (23% and 16% from the three)
    TNT Chuck repeat multiple times in different ways that Morey needs to make a trade earlier.
    Chuck looked down on Rockets last night.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tillman has not only shut house down. this is just part of a larger season shutdown altogether. he's cashing in his chips and locking in his profit on the year

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

it applies regardless

12. biff17

biff17 Member

By Felicia!

13. biff17

biff17 Member

so why don't you believe what his agent said, that he was offered a guaranteed contract?

14. biff17

biff17 Member

none of that is correct, he was offered a 3year contract and he is not locked into a G league contract.

he can still be signed to a 1year minimum contract.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you trying to tell us something? Is this insider information because none of this matches up with this tweet and his actual agent at all.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Wouldn't using more from the MLE significantly restrict our buyout options. I'd be fine with holding until the trade and buyout deadline comes and goes. If there's nobody on the market, then yeah, if using more of the MLE is the solution to all this, I'm fine with that. However, if he's just dead-set on becoming a free agent this year, he's a moron, and I wouldn't cave if I were Morey.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Its crazy.
    Morey is more focus on saving the luxury tax than winning a championship.
    Basically Morey acquired Knight and Chriss via trade and not much anything else the season so far.

18. dmoneybangbang

Morey correctly identifies that House isn't going to push us over the top. I support this.

19. dmoneybangbang

How horrible, a GM and owner thinking about the entire team and the future!

20. dmoneybangbang

If the Rockets were being cheap they'd make House a RFA.... which isn't what they are doing.