1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We don’t necessarily know that. His agent could have told him we will get that this summer anyway, let’s see if we can get more.
    Tough and unfortunate situation.

roslolian and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all are you House or his agent? How do you know he will settle for a 2M deal? His agent specifically said House wants to be a RFA, he is even willing to go back to the G League and lose 1M dollars this season in earnings so why would he be ok for 2M? House specifically said he wants to be a FA next year. Give me some proof he is ok with 2M.

As for using the MLE you think House is better than Rivers and Faried? My priority on those 2 guys first for the MLE before House both of those have market value way higher than the MLE unlike House.

Please explain how using the MLE on House now will allow the Rockets to keep more guys next year. Because I was under the impression you use the MLE to pay for players and if it is used up then you have nothing to pay players with. I would love to be incorrect on this so please enlighten me.

Finally Rox are trying to get under the tax thats the whole reason they traded Ennis, Melo and the two other wings we got in the trade for nothing. They are trying to get under the tax because the repeater tax will cost 2-5x more than the normal luxury tax.

If you were Morey and Fertita can justify doing all the cost cutting moves and then paying the repeater tax anyway just so you pay Danuel freaking House his 3M or whatever salary he wants? That 3M will cost you 30M in 3 years lol Tillman like paying another max player but he is only a 3M player.

#202 roslolian, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We also could have relaxed our years of control .

I think we could have made a reasonable deal giving us at least 1 more year of control that his agent couldn't have said no to .

But then again I'm not involved in the negotiations lol

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Because the MLE resets every season ... and we are currently in 18-19 and during free agency it will be 19-20 .

For example . We used the MLE last season to sign tucker. But we had an MLE available to us this season ... and hey we haven't spent it all .

So if we use MLE this season to sign House it doesn't count agaisnt our MLE that we can use next year .

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I just want House on the floor man...

Invisible Fan and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ehh I'd say it's enough of a probability that he doesn't make the playoff rotation where if the only way you can play him this year is convert him and lose long term control then maybe it's worth it to keep him buried .

Of course we could just use the MLE and avoid that problem .

If House won't take a 3/9 deal then he's too cocky . But we could at least try to offer more than minimum

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Did you watch House score 9 pts a game on average? Please explain how a 9 pt scorer is suddenly the main reason the Rockets "played their best stretch in the season". You realize correlation does not equal causation right? Cp3 and EG werent even playing during the Rockets " best stretch in the season" when House was there.

Are you saying House is better than EG and Cp3 combined? Because according to you the Rockets played their best stretch with House is starting now he isn't starting and the Rockets aren't playing their best stretch anymore.

And LOL how you think House as a 2 way is better than a multi year NBA vet making 14M a year. Its just like how EG's 16 pts paints him unfavorably compared to House's 9 pts.

ChumpCity likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

The tax bro.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How so ?

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah it’s all speculation but if I was a betting man I’d say we did offer him a 2 year eventually and he turned it down.
    Even if it meant losing him after next season Morey would have figured he would make for a great trade asset.

The whole waiting thing made it suck because we made it under the luxury tax.

I would have went for it, kept Knight as a trade filler next year and held onto our pick. And gave House the rest of our MLE for at least multiple years if he would have taken it. Having Knight and EG in salary, whoever we draft and House, and on top of that the future four picks, that’s at least something to work with in the trade market for next year.

What would it have meant for this year? That’s dependant on Shump and the unknown with House. Maybe nothing more. Maybe something.

Would it have led to a disaster tax or fire sale 2 years from now? Probably.

But it would have definitely increased our chances next year to win it all having the ability to bring back a core and add players through trades. And like I just mentioned, it couldn’t have a negative impact for this years run either.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

This. Page 1 and the thread could’ve been closed.

Earn it man, nobody owes you anything. Last I checked, I don’t think teams were over-spending on D-League RFA’s.

I think you gotta take what you can get and prove it for a full season to get the leverage you’re looking for.

This kid is getting some poor guidance IMO.

roslolian likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Frankly we could have done a mix of this year and looking forward by still consummating the knight trade but also using MLE on house .

Your now have House and shumpert . Of course ... if you were going to spend MLE on house in the first place then the earlier the better . We may not have needed shump and could have targeted a different piece .

We can still use MLE to sign House , but at this point I think it's unlikely given that we've made a clear choice to get under the tax .

I really think the rockets have played it wrong and my guess is that fear of the tax cause then to go down this line . Oh well , Morey has to work with tilmans constraints .

I really do think we will play hardball with house . We aren't gonna risk losing him next season . So I don't know if he ever gets called up . If that happens I think he gets put on a 2 way deal again and we dance this dance again . But I'm not 100 percent sure there .

At that point house really ****ed himself .

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We do get a considerably higher MLE to work with next year if we stay under the luxury tax, correct?
    Isn’t it like 8 mil instead of 5 mil?

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah .

But then that 8 mil would have to be spread over 3 players vs 2 .... and there is no possibility of losing all 3 .

In the end , I think unless House caves then we aren't going to be able to lock him up long term AND call him up . We will have to pick .

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Never said he was THE reason, but you’re foolish to think that his 3 and D ability did not play a part. He is a perfect fit for what the Rockets want in their role players, and I don’t see how that can be argued if you watched his play during that stretch. I don’t think he’s “better” than Gordon, but he absolutely fits a huge need for us. Revisionist history to think otherwise.

#215 J Sizzle, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Tfor3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Gordon gets hurt every 5 minutes.

We NEED House!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I never said he didn't play a part and I never said he doesn't fit a need thats precisely why the Rox are trying to lock him upnfor multiple years.

However if you don't think he is better than EG then he shouldn't be starting. Period.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

At what price? You ok with him leaving after the season is done?

Thats why the Rox are trying to lock him up long term.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who cares?

Wasting. Harden's. Prime. For. A. Dime.

MiddleMan, icewill36 and dobro1229 like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I care. Harden's prime extends into next year in case you forgot. If Morey ends up locking House for multiple years I expect a "crow eating thread" from all the Hoise complainers.