1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

Anybody try the new Gran Turismo? Loved GT5 and I am dying for a good racing game.

2. Band Geek Mobster

That sounds like the same nonsense that happened with Destiny. Release hyped yet average game, feel the backlash, then actually improve it to where it's not terrible over the span of a year and sell the improvements so people that bought the game at launch are ultimately screwed by having to pay twice as much as those that waited for a serviceable game to appear.

3. Poloshirtbandit

I thought it was delayed until next year?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pretty much, except Destiny was major corporate and had a huge team working on updates. Hello Games is a 10 man indie gathering.

5. jae713

jae713 Member

I think they released a part of it like how they did Prologue with GT5.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How does the PS4 still not recognize 5Ghz wifi? Seems like a firmware update could do the trick.

7. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

major bump...

so decided to plunge and get a PS4...long overdue but i've only heard great things about MLB the show franchise so figure i'd give it a go...

anyways...whats everyone playing on the good ol' consoles these days?

i just got a bundle deal so uncharted 4 came with it...but also picked up the show and horizon zero dawn.

what else should i be looking at? from what i've read the kingdom hearts series is solid but i've never played any of them and i guess i new one is supposed to be coming to PS4 at some point?

RedNation likes this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Last of Us

KDavis likes this.
  9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

You've got some great ones there already... no need for more 'til you're done with those. :cool:

But on the exclusive front, the others I would definitely get are: Nioh, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Ratchet & Clank. Last of Us if you didn't already play it on PS3. I've also heard good things about Last Guardian and Yakuza 0.

RedNation likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ive only beat 3 of the games you mentioned and here is my opinion:

Bloodborne 9/10
    last of us 8/10
    last guardian 10/10

Team ico are the most creative mofos in gaming IMO. They make beautiful and expressive games. They are definitely art.

My favorite series of all time is that series. Ico, shadow of the collosus, and last guardian. My avatar here used to be ico

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

+1 on Nioh, Bloodborne, last of us, and yakuza 0. Can't comment on the others since I haven't played them.

And MLB the show is great. I always play every game of one full season with the Astros so it lasts me a long time.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I thought Last of Us was very good, though not like a GOAT contender or anything like a lot of people... I actually prefer Uncharted. Nonetheless it's highly recommended.

Hey, how would you rank Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and Last Guardian against each other? Last Guardian surely isn't as good as Shadow of the Colossus, is it? That's an all-timer for me.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I actually have never played uncharted although I have the uncharted collection so I should....
    I hear nothing but fantastic things about those games.

I agree that the last of us is amazing but doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. It was a little bit too cinematic for my taste.

So most people tend to prefer shadow of the collosus and thats the first one I played but honestly it's my 3rd favorite. It's still 10/10 and one of my top 10 games of all time but it's not my favorite. It has the most action and boss fights but not as much puzzle solving.

I'm more into the puzzle solving and emotion of those games. I like how Ico is all about the relationship between Ico and Yorba and Last guardian is all about the relationship of you and Trico. Shadow of the Colossus is also an artistic game but doesn't strike me as beautiful as the other two. No doubt Shadow of the Colossus has the best mechanics, game play, and action in it though.

The Last Guardian is the best written. It has great cut scenes and story twists.The Last Guardian is like an epic anime. Like a Miyazaki masterpiece or something to me.

But when it comes down to it, I love Ico. It is my favorite video game of all time. You can beat it in a couple hours and something about it is so magical to me. It's like the Stairway to Heaven of video games to me lol. There is nothing about it that I dislike. Everything is so perfect. It's not too ambitious or over the top but it's also very deep and intricate. The puzzles are quick and easy but by the end of the game you are so invested and attached to your characters journey. I also think Ico + Yorba is the best video game relationship. The save points where you sit on the couch together get me every time. It also has the best soundtrack. Overall it is just a masterpiece to me.

My list is

1) Ico
    2) The last Guardian
    3) Shadow of the Collosus

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

PSVR plays 3D Blu Rays now. That's pretty cool.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Poloshirtbandit

How long did it take you to do? I've been playing The Show since around 2007 and have never finished a season. I'm continuing my 16 season with 17 now, hopefully I can catch up.

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I usually play along with the actual season, since one game a day doesn't take too long. Then, I can get ahead (or get caught up) on weekends if I have more time.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get the Uncharted collection if you've never played them. The first one doesn't have nearly the scope or ambition of the following three, but you have to play them in order for the story.

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Persona 5 10/10

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get on that Rocket League. If it was a Nintendo release people would be fawning over it even more than they do now.

Currently I am re-playing Skyrim Special Edition with about 20 mods on the heels of taking down The Witcher, and I am having the greatest gaming experience of my life.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i've got RL for pc...its fun...but damn do i suck at it.

RudyTBag likes this.