1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Poloshirtbandit

I'm looking at upgrading my PS4 to a 1TB drive. Thoughts on this one, or suggestions?

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Thinking of getting one for the house because my son and I would like to try the VR.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've had the VR for a week and love it. The Batman game is life changing and Job Simulator is hella fun.

VooDooPope likes this.
  4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Agree completely. I picked it up yesterday and Batman is one of the coolest gaming experiences I have ever had. I was not sure what to expect at all and it was awesome. Hopefully they add more missions eventually.

VooDooPope likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have had my PS4 since the beginning in 2013. Am I just getting older, or are the games that have come out in the last 2 years have either been remakes, annual releases, or poorly made? I am not excited about gaming anymore, and it's kind of depressing because I used to love it.

AntiSonic and Snow Villiers like this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I feel the same way. Everything outside of Uncharted 4 has been junk IMO.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I feel the same way overall. I do really like the PSVR though. It has kinda breathed new life into it. It should though for the cost of a new system.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. Band Geek Mobster

I've realized that I basically only play FIFA and The Last of Us/Uncharted multiplayer over the past 3 years.

I'm not sure if gaming in general is poor or if I'm just getting old and priorities/interests have changed.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think I'm the last person still playing No Man's Sky.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't feel that way at all. Witcher 3, Mount & Blade, Rocket League, The Witness and a million indie games have me locked down. You guys are crazy. PS4 marketplace is amazing.

I wish I had more time!

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm really enjoying Madden this year. Been playing it a lot with my son. Feels more like the Madden I grew up with.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bought this game. I am stuck trying to find certain elements and then realized I could not finish the game. It's my only game I will not finish. I did decide to buy Skyrim at full price because I never played it on PC. So far it's fun.

13. Poloshirtbandit

Word. I haven't really enjoyed Madden since the one with Vick on the cover. I'm actually having fun with this year's game.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Do you think it is worth a buy? I love old school sci-fi and I'm really tempted to throw on some classical and explore. Worthwhile?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'alls talk of Madden interests me.... no more super long canned animations? I felt like I wasn't in control of the players on the field.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Finding any good mods on the PS4 version?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They did some smart things by letting you bypass all the animations and skip right to gameplay. The controls feel a lot more natural.

My only real gripe is the "icing the kicker" **** that makes your kick much harder after your opponent calls a timeout. Really stupid IMO.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd pick it up for $20 during Black Friday. They are supposedly working like mad on a big update to make the game have more features and be less boring and repetitive.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

For a 1 TB drive, it depends on HDD or SSD. 1 TB HDD will cost much less than a 1 TB SSD, but (depending on your budget), I would personally prefer an SSD (due to faster loading times for your games).

As far as suggestions go, I have a good suggestion for both:

For a 1 TB HDD, I would recommend an HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5-Inch 1TB (about $60).

For a 1 TB SSD, I would go with the Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (about $280; if you buy from Micro Center).

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Any of you guys play NBA 2K?

Getting old playing with these idiots in the Pro-Am.