1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players Only games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Jan 30, 2019.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Is it just me or is the "Players Only" games on TNT unwatchable? They might say some interesting stuff, but they are not really broadcasting the game. Plays and scoring just goes on and on and they talk about crap that happened years ago...whatever...I hope this is a one and done thing. Go back to a regular announcing team.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah that was pretty terrible last night. They basically had a conversation while a game was going in the background.

amaru likes this.
  3. jacoby

jacoby Member

It might be better if they had some interesting players. TNT has the capability to trot out some very good lineups. I have no idea what they're doing.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's not just you. They were horrible last night. Unwatchable, unless you simply had to see the Rockets or the Pelicans. When I wasn't cursing the play of the Rockets, I hurled expletives at the broadcast crew, who spent what seemed to be a large part of the game during play babbling about Smith and where he might end up. Saying they sucked is simply inadequate. The idiots calling the game and the idiots on the court for the Rockets. Two groups of headless chickens running around the chopping block.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I see why dumb **** happens on the court. Every player they put on air sounds like they are incapable of understanding complex thought.

Spacemoth and justtxyank like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah it's awful. I'd rather listen to Clyde chuckle for 1.5 hours than listen to players only.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

PLAYERS ONLY BAY BEEEE

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like Candice Parker and Baron Davis, everyone else is terrible.

Williamson likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's trash. Been trash. Will continue to be trash.

It'd be like listening to Clyde Drexler do PxP. Trash.

Turner Sports trash.
    Ernie Kenny Shaq Charles Kevin Harlan Marv Reggie Chris Webber
    Greg Anthony Isiah Thomas Kevin McHale Candace Parker Dennis Scott Derek Fisher Baron Davis
    TRASH!

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL

How bout giving us your short list of people who aren't trash on TNT broadcasts! ;)

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

They’re annoying

12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

they are always unwatchable
    listening to them reading the script for advertisement is the worst
    so make me want to avoid those product
    if i'm the sponsor
    i would definitely tell them stop this stupid players only

13. macan

macan Member

they speak so slowly with that sleepy voice. they can definitely tune down an exciting game

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I once thought it would be impossible to be more inane that Bull's idiotic puns, Clyde's chuckling, and Worrell dragging out the same tired jokes night after night (*beer bottle opening sound effect* "Is that Clyde with a beer again?").

Players Only has proven me wrong, time and time again.

15. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I hope the management at TNT can see this too and put an end to it after this season. It makes those games unwatchable and the Rockets are so popular right now that a lot of their games are on TNT

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It always sounds like guys sitting at a bar, or on a couch, chatting about the game. Dull dull dull.

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Watching this game, every time I heard "players only" I thought, Can we please enforce that rule for the guys we're putting on the court? Because I wanted to bench half of them myself.

18. xaos

xaos Member

I'd rather all the players wear mics and listen to them while they play, making it a true players only haha.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They need to get rid of all the coaches during Players Only Games, and broadcast half-time players only meetings.

J.R. likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They are unwatchable and everyone hates them. The BIGGEST problem is the "play by play" person. That person has to be good. Greg Anthony is ok in that role. But Brent Barry is no longer with TNT (I think he is with the Spurs?). He was good. Isaiah Thomas is awful and it starts there.

TNT trying to be too cute. Just give us Kevin Harlan as the PxP and rotate other players as the color announcers if you want variety.

Serve the VIEWER first.

payaso, malakas and slothy420 like this.