1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ TUCKER A ROCKET

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 1, 2017.

?

Do you like the signing of PJ Tucker to a four-year, $32 million deal?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2017.
  1. YES

477 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. NO

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

But theoretically all the opposing team is to play two players hard and not give them room to create and have another big guy man the paint. The whole point of small ball is to force the opposing big man to clear the paint. You won't get that with Capela on the court. Even with a pick and roll situation, the defender knows all he has to do is stay down low and the wing man fight through picks. They also have the flexibility to have whoever is guarding Trevor/Tucker to provide help. Your lineup will work. Shoot. Any lineup will work. But to maximize scoring and keep the lineup small/short, the stretch 4 plays the 5 and the athletic swingman plays the 4.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I can agree with this. I still think that both Tucker and Ego have the ability to move in and hit the midrange, but you are right... Anderson would be better than Capela for the small ball lineup.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nice to have personnel that can get you a stop when needed. Won't be able to outscore everybody. I approve.

4. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

We need more options in these types of polls; not just a yes or no.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I feel we still need a F that can create on his own to make us a really good team. Yes, Harden and CP are great creators from the perimeter, but I feel we need that PF type that can do it below the FT line. A Milsap type PF that can put it on the floor and get his shot from anywhere. That's when we will really give teams a lot of trouble.

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I feel we need some "shot creation" from one of our Fs to be really good. I was tired of seeing guys on the floor that could only shoot spot up 3's. Once teams stayed home on them they couldn't contribute anything. Having CP will help cause he is better than Bev and can finish at a high level unlike Bev, but Ariza, Anderson, and Capela can't put the ball on the floor and get by their defender or create offense for themselves. I hope we can find a F that can. That would be so good to see.

Nene looked good cause he is a C that will put it on the floor and attack the paint. There will be a lot of space (defenses worrying about Harden and CP) for a F to do that, if he has the skill set.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I feel like a lot of people underestimate Anderson's step back jumper, including himself. He went to it when his shot wasn't falling, but he didn't stay with it. We also have Zhou Qi coming in, who has a soft touch around the rim. I just don't know if his body can stand the bruising that goes on in the post.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I chuckled into the fist.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Its like when we had Artest and Battier back in the day. Ariza with methodical D and Tucker with the tenacious D

@Pen15clubber

joshuaao likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

And nene with the girthy D

Snow Villiers and ramotadab like this.
  11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This is a Great signing given who we have and what we need. You cannot buy commitment and hustle, and his friendship with Paul, added Paul's friendship with James is a team changer . Teams will Struggle to score close to 90 most nights. Ariza's defense, P J, Paul, and Capela in the middle plus the bench of Nene and 6th Man of the Year ? This is tremendous people. Stop looking for saviors and get behind this great team. Go Rockets !!!!!!!!!! He took less then Toronto offered on 1 year less. What does that tell you ?

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So cp3 and Tucker are boys? I must have missed that. I mean cod did say he's "one of the brothers" or something like that but I've never heard about this before

13. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

Miss those good days..

onreego likes this.
  14. jscmedia

???????? I see a team full of MEN personally........

15. jscmedia

too much truthiness here......Rockets will be the toughest defensive team in NBA......mark that down....

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Reports were Toronto offered 3 years $33m and he took 4 yrs $32mm instead. Apparently bc of paul and wanting to play on the rockets with him.

17. jscmedia

40%.......plenty good enuff. And in Mickey D's offense ?......who knows....

18. jscmedia

People are not paying attention...he signed here for 4 after passing up MORE $$ in Toronto for 3. DO the math...he's into WINNING in the next 3 years. OUT>

19. jscmedia

He made the Sacrifice....good gawd...read the details ! geeesh..........

20. jscmedia

you'll eat these words next season........he's now a Houston Rocket !