1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Ryan: Obamacare repeal is first priority under Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 6, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The thing that most people don't realize is that when there is a lot of uninsured people they go to the Emergency room which CAN'T BY LAW refuse them, so we all share that cost anyway.

IMHO, neither Paul Ryan nor Ted Cruz are actual Christians they are posers.

DD

2. TheresTheDagger

Same rate is a good concept. I just don't trust that it actually is the "same rate" or even if it is it will remain. There is always some "special interest" that changes good concepts into something very different.

As far as church goes, that is a donation, not a requirement.....AND a great thing. I'm way more willing to part with money as a donation that is MY CHOICE rather than being "mandated" to do so.

The whole "you aren't Christian if you don't believe in socialized medicine" argument is disgusting. These "holier than thou" arguments coming from the left over how best to advance medical care for all just harden feelings and accomplish nothing.

3. DaDakota

Well that is just us holding up a mirror to the hypocrisy.

And as I said we already have social programs in this country, Police, road maintenance, schools, fire department - healthcare should not be a "FOR PROFIT" business, it should be a right.

Asking people to love thy neighbor seems like a very good thing to do...to me.

DD

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

An insurance industry. One that have failed to keep price low, failed to provide the best care, failed to cover everyone. We give that up. We give up failure and gain universal care, cost reduction and we might not still provide best care, but I'm sure we are good enough to be one of the best in the world, not 20th or 30th or whatever it is today.

5. TheresTheDagger

And almost everything you mention above (Police, road maintenance, schools, fire department) are handled at the local level. Maybe health care should also be a local issue?

6. DaDakota

All of those have government oversight and receive national funds.

DD

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

All of the above are utilities and not risk management tools. By definition, you want risk spread out as far as possible, not at local levels.

8. TheresTheDagger

EXACTLY. They aren't part of some big Federal Govt bureaucracy.

9. DaDakota

You mean like the FBI, CIA, Military?

Come on, you just want to be greedy and hoard your money - that is cool - just not very honorable.

DD

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you then collapse the insurance industry costing countless thousands of people their jobs and you just raise taxes by a trillion dollars a year or more? Is that your plan? It's also funny to say that the US doesn't offer "one of the best" health care in the world given that pretty much every other country ships patients here for better care.....but that's fine if you want to think that the US has the 20th or 30th best care.

I will say though, when has a system ever gone from the private sector to being run by the government and ended up either better or cheaper?

11. TheresTheDagger

All these are organizations that fulfill a requirement of defending a nation that can not be fulfilled any other way. Healthcare on the other hand CAN and should be taken care of at the local level in a pragmatic and less wasteful manner.

[/QUOTE]Come on, you just want to be greedy and hoard your money - that is cool - just not very honorable.

DD[/QUOTE]
    Why do you insist on making things personal?

Do you even know my name? Where I live? How I spend my money? How much I make?

Don't be "That guy" DD.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes. The people in the industry can get other jobs in other insurances companies, or get trained. We need to do a job to help them re-allocate.

Big picture. Cost is much more effective. May even be reduced. It may get shifted, but I'm doubting it is that big of a differences. EVERYONE today that is working or has a job, or some type of income is ALREADY paying into the system. One that is stupidly cost ineffective. Big picture.

No, i don't just think. There are ranking out there. You often ignore those, so I'm just going to ignore your ignorance on this part.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, when has that EVER been the result of an industry going from private to government run?

14. DaDakota

Because it IS personal, and we need to be vigilant and point out all those that hide or cloak their fake integrity - that is the Trump way to make America great again!

And yes, this is not an OVERNIGHT thing, Millions did not lose their jobs when the ACA was passed, it should be a gradual thing, put in over 20 years.

DD

15. TheresTheDagger

So am I to infer that you are stating I have "fake integrity"? That 63 million americans have fake integrity? Simply because they chose Trump over Clinton.

Furthermore, you seem to be saying if you voted for Clinton, your integrity is intact.

That's rich.

16. DaDakota

Why yes, I am saying that - anyone that voted for that vile man, knowing all the things he said and did, surely lacks integrity, character and moral fiber, or intelligence, or is willfully ignorant - but clearly they made compromises to help them sleep at night.

It is not about being popular it is about doing the RIGHT thing, and voting for Trump in any capacity was not the RIGHT thing at all, hell you should have gotten him out in the primaries.

DD

17. TheresTheDagger

Let it be known that DD has admitted that "Liars" are "Honorable".

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait a minute, I stepped away. Is it the right wing view that I shouldn't purchase insurance for my family, something I have done for at least 27 years, and instead, I should approach charities to get money to afford the obscenely high High Risk Pool insurance costs involved in situations where there are pre-existing conditions? This, THIS is the Trump/republican solution? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

I haven't seen commodore, or anyone come out and clearly state their alternative to how ACA solved the problem. Still waiting, unless the go to charities is really their approach.

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

There's always this belief that the private sector does things better than the public sector. This isn't always true. In Texas the Medicaid process used to be handled by the public sector quite efficientially I might add then Rick Perry who had buddies with Accenture decided to privatize the Medicaid process screwing it up for many people dependent on its services. Oh and thousands lost their job when Accenture took over too.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2007-03-23/458466/

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the belief because it is almost always true. When the government runs something it is almost always more expensive and oftentimes worse too. The exceptions to this are few and far between and almost certainly not going to be found on a national level. When you go government run you are just inviting waste, fraud, and abuse....on top of outright incompetence.