1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul could learn so much from champions like Tom Brady, Tim Duncan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have no problem with players trying to get as much money as they can. CP3 took what was offered to him by Morey. None of y’all would be turning down 160 mil.

2. Senator

Senator Member

What you're not getting is it's not about what everyday Joe's like you would do. That's why you're an every day Joe and not a champ.

It's about what champions like Brady and Duncan and Dirk did throughout their career. Be the bigger man and respect the game that has already given so much to you.

Paul hasn't won anything in the NBA, never led a team past the 2nd round, and had already earned over $200 million. Yet at the age of 33, being injury prone, he still bled Morey dry for every cent he had. And now the Rockets are bleeding themselves dry at the trade deadline instead of being able to add real pieces to help out Harden during his prime. It's another wasted year.

astros123 and Houstunna like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Terrible thread. The contract is already signed and cannot be altered in any appreciable way.

Mazulis likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

This post is incredible.

5. Senator

Senator Member

If you think small, you'll never win. Paul could paypal House a million considering he caused the organization to be compromised. Where there's a will ...

Real champions like Duncan, Dirk, Brady see the big picture, not the constant me, me, me attitude that is detrimental when you've already made $200 million as an injury prone 33 year old .. proving nothing. Tillman is not in a huge market like the coastal cities. How about honoring a team sport, the game that has given you so much, and being the bigger man? contractually, You're not proving anything at this point other than how small minded and selfish you are. There's no point pointing out what he did last year, in his one healthy season, when all the champions listed have done much more and asked for much less.

Was a no brainer for someone in his position , it sucks Harden has to deal with the fallout from it.

astros123 and Houstunna like this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

He led a team past the 2nd round last year.

Did you forget?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. biff17

biff17 Member

He is trolling.

8. Senator

Senator Member

No, he did not.
    Wouldn't have beat Wolves without Harden.
    Preaching the wrong stance isn't going to get you a raise, and your work isn't a competitive team sport. If you don't know what team sport is about, then look it up

9. HP3

HP3 Member

It doesnt look like it bro. :(
    LOL and we wouldnt have gotten past the Jazz or gotten to Game 7 without him here, enough of this.

10. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Deal is a Deal, ink dried already. Every time at the end of a season we shall judge , was this a good deal, or bad. Other than that, it's useless to discuss the rest.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Tom Brady literally doesn't play any defense. You want that from Paul? Really?

12. YaoMingsSoulja

Let me guess. Poor op wanted AD or Beal on the team by the tradeline and didnt get his wish. Boohoo blame morey for finding quality players to compete for a championship. Boohoo blame cp3 for being able to take the rockets to the finals but falling short by one game because he pulled his hammy(stupid old man). Blame Tillman for buying the organization just to squander his chances at winning the championship, save himself money, and secretely sabotoge the city of Houston because he’s actually working undercover for the Warriors.

All in favor of making op the new owner/manager of the houston rockets say I.

13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I wouldn't say the comparison is that direct though. Those guys were not only loyal to those franchises, but they had also already won championships with those franchises. So there was a history that led up to all that, a history that Paul did not have in any way.

Players are free to get their money, I won't hate on them for that. It is up to the team to convince a a guy to take less if that is what they want.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This board has short-term amnesia as always.

Chris Paul already took a pay cut last season when he opted in to the final year of his previous contract and also declined his trade kicker before being traded by the Clippers. That pay cut is what allowed Morey to utilize the Mid-Level Exception to sign P.J. Tucker.

So yeah, Tucker is still here only because Paul took a pay cut. That was our secret handshake agreement.

Deckard likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

this makes no sense, are you drunk?

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The same team that would *not* have been #1 Seed had Paul switched GP with Harden.

The same Chris Paul that never sniffed a CF prior to playing with Beard.

It isn't a big deal for #1 reaching the CFs.

Unbelievable that so many can't acknowledge Paul being overpaid.
    Good point regarding Brady and Duncan's already winning championships. Consider though, the biggest difference probably is both Timmy and Tommy were healthy at the time of their deals and finished the previous season. If Paul didn't already have a bad health history, one could maybe bypass the fact he was injured. But he doesn't, so it doesn't.

Management shouldn't have to convince "leaders" to do what's best for winning. Chris is overpaid. Period. If he ever says, "I just wanna win", or anything similar, you know it's a lie.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So basically what you are saying is the .000001% hope I had of cp3 restructuring is gone and now we going to see this guy getting paid 40 mil to play like a 20 mil player...

18. astros123

astros123 Member

So we as fans have to get ****ed by his shitty contract

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would love to see the reaction of the league to Chris Paul handing House, Jr. $1,000,000 via PayPal along with a card saying, "Hey, stick around!" My guess is that Chris would be fined $1,000,000-Plus for attempting to circumvent the CBA and the league's rules and suspended for a number of games. The Rockets would have to prove they knew nothing about it, and even if they didn't, highly unlikely, who around the league would believe them? And don't think it wouldn't be found out because Chris used "PayPal." That's assuming House didn't say, "Wow! Thanks, Chris, but a million isn't enough. I need 3." All assuming that the President of the Players Association, Mr. Paul, would be willing to attempt such a thing. He would not. And that's not even getting into the consequences for House, Jr.

You do understand that this isn't a video game, don't you? It isn't Washington, D.C., either, but perhaps you can convince House to run for office and Paul, after registering as a PAC, could send it as a campaign contribution. Humor intended.