1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Doris Burke spent the game absolutely wrecking Harden every chance she got, and cheerleading Karl Anthony Towns. Everything Harden did was a "travel", "a pushoff", "a good playoff noncall". It was blatant and agenda driven to the max. By the second half I was burned out on her takes.

She is knowledgeable, but that's the only compliment I'm willing to give. I actually enjoyed Reggie more because at least he's an idiot.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't give a crap if she is knowledgeable when there's blatant bias towards certain teams or individuals. As a national media member with voting rights it's irresponsible to do that because that average joe out there forms opinions based on that sh**.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/harden-mvp-watch-2018.286459/page-19#post-11590040

Her dislike towards the rockets and harden is obvious and it's irritating.

3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

All the girls just want to be on Harden's lap... it's jealousy that turned into hate. :p

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He prefers them big, so just one for his narrow lap.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This is the same Doris Burke who said (on air) that she gave Harden her MVP vote?

Not sure she has an agenda against him, perhaps was just having a bad day?

6. onreego

onreego Member

mMm.

- Reggie

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wasn't this the same idiot who pre-empted saying Harden is her MVP by first stating, 'as much as I hate to say it'

Or something very similar.

Doris Burke is utter trash as a commentator. Her and Hubie Brown I have always hated the minute I heard their voices.

I won't say my true feelings towards her though.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't think she said that? (Maybe she did?)
    I find her fairly balanced as a commentator - obviously knowledgeable, but seems to understand what teams are trying to do, what their strengths are, which players can do what.

From memory, she was talking about MVP, and was saying Harden was a clear choice, but Lebron had a good stretch run.
    She was then asked 'well you have a vote, who did you vote for?'
    I THOUGHT she said something about not discounting what Lebron has done, but she voted for Harden.

Perhaps you're right and she hates him and I heard that wrong.
    Agree on Hubie Brown, he's senile now as well as annoying.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Bill has always loved a good pie, all the way back to his college days. Has never been able to turn it down.

10. Pete the Cheat

Her voice makes me want to drag my balls on sandpaper

Rock Block and juanm34 like this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We need more Doug Collins....

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill Worrell returning to Rockets

As he looks ahead to a new Rockets season, Bill Worrell is confident that Chris Paul will be back in a Houston uniform this fall.

And as for Worrell himself, he'll be back, too.

Worrell, the dean of Houston pro sports play by play announcers, said this week he has agreed to return to the Rockets' home telecasts on AT&T SportsNet Southwest this fall, still holding out hopes that he'll be on hand for the team's next NBA championship.

"They've offered, and I've accepted," Worrell said. "I'm having fun, and it's not hard doing games for a 65-win team. They're happy, I'm happy, and we'll do another year."

NBA local television broadcasters are relegated to spectators after the first playoff round, and Worrell didn't make the road games during the Western Conference Finals, in keeping with his growing disdain for travel that led him to trim back his TV duties with the Rockets after the 2015-16 season. He watched home games from a Toyota Center suite as the Rockets pushed the Warriors to seven games.

"I thought after the Rockets won Game 4 in Oakland that they were going to win the championship," Worrell said. "It shows how hard it is to win a championship. They were lucky in 1994 and 1995 not to have major injuries, so this was a tough deal for them with (Paul) getting hurt.

"I think this team at full strength feels it can beat the Golden State Warriors. There will be tweaks. Chris Paul will be signed, and (general manager) Daryl Morey will improve the team and (owner Tilman Fertitta) will be in favor of it, and this team will be better next year."

Vivi, Voltik, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

YESSSSSS!!!

14. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Fantastic start to the offseason.

Voltik, PhilCollins and RocketWalta like this.
  15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

#1 draft choice Bill Worrell returning for one more season!

Vivi, LUK3 and J.R. like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm still hoping to party like it's 1995 Bill!

Everyone eat a pie tonight in honor of Bill Worrell returning to the Rockets!

Voltik likes this.
  17. Voltik

Voltik Member

Now waiting on the announcement for color commentator to be Calvin Murphy.

We definitely win the championship next season if this were to happen. We’d have two MVP announcers!

SuperKev and BigShasta like this.
  18. Marteen

Marteen Member

Bill Worrell is the best. I don't care if he's a homer announcer, he's our homer announcer.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. LUK3

LUK3 Member

So glad Bill is staying! I don’t like Craig at all.. too hyper and just doesn’t sound like the Rockets..

dischead likes this.
  20. TheresTheDagger

Glad to hear it.

As a former Houstonian, who just today cancelled League Pass going forward, I've probably heard my last Worrell call though. I just can't send ANY more $$$ to the NBA.

BigShasta likes this.