1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden MVP watch 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Who wins MVP 2018

1. Harden

2. Giannis

3. Durrant

4. Curry

5. LeBron

6. Westbrook

7. K.Irving

8. Porzingis

9. Wall

10. Refs

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sajan

Sajan Member

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If she really believes that, I hope something happens her.

Harsh, but she's playing with people's money and legacy with that ignorant garbage.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden can average 50 ppg and win 65 games and some idiots still wouldn't vote for him as the MVP. The jealousy is ridiculous. Beadle, that fat slob lakers homer, and Burke probably will never vote for him.

BigMaloe, D-rock, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am fuming thinking on how r****ded of a logic burke just spewed out.
    Harden is playing out of his mind (60pt triple double!), his team is literally #1 in the NBA when she spoke that statement...all while integrating multiple new teammates this season including chris paul who everyone thought wasn't going to work well with harden.

What has westbrook done? Cling on for a playoff spot after getting two superstar players??

Seriously..what does Harden need to do to win this?

DonKnock, HTX Ninja and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This explains it better.

Westbrook DOES deserve consideration... 10%. Harden is 80.

Still, anyone who doesn't accompany,"Harden is the clear current favorite", in any MVP discussion is hating.

J Sizzle and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I really hope she wouldn’t sell her soul and lose her dignity like that.

I can’t believe Doris said something so stupid tho

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

They are already changing the narrative. Now , Of course people thought Harden and Paul would play well together. AND CP3 is like a top 5 player now. Harden has too much help. KD , well , he's carried the warriors this year. Green and Klay are barely all-stars and Curry has been hurt.

For WB , his second best player went out ... roberson was the key to that team. And ****, he's close to a triple double again. So what James was also close to a triple double last year .... hell anyone can do that in Dantoni's system.

D-rock, DonKnock and Sajan like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dude, you yourself posted the video. All she was saying is don’t count out last year’s MVP winner. It’s almost a cliche for national TV broadcasters to throw that in once in a while mid season, regardless of whether that player is deserving or not. You don’t really believe she considers Westbrook a front runner at this stage, do you?

People need to calm down. Any time a media member says anything that can be construed as a slight, especially when they are female, people on here go into rabid attack mode.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I cannot believe you are giving them the benefit of the doubt, especially after everything you have witnessed the past few years. Westbrook shouldn't even be brought up at all.

Currently 1.5 games away from being out of the playoffs and Doris says "Watch out for Westbrook". That is ridiculous. Westbrook is also has another All-Star on his team.

BigMaloe, D-rock, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  10. durvasa

I can’t believe you think she believes Westbrook is the front runner this year based on him winning the MVP last year.

There isn’t a single national media member I’m aware of who is arguing for Westbrook as the MVP front runner, even though most of them had him as the MVP last year. Both her colleagues expressed surprise that she even thought to mention him when the topic of MVP candidates came up.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Here's the thing: She doesn't think he is the front runner this year because of last year. She think he deserves to be in the conversation because he is almost averaging a triple double THIS YEAR despite being 1.5 games away from lottery and playing with another all-star.

She doesn't think Westbrook is the front runner-- the fact that she is putting Westbrook in the conversation because "almost triple double" is absolutely wild.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

This.

If russell was averaging a triple double this year...she would vote for him regardless of standings and what harden has done so far.
    That's bullsh**.

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  13. durvasa

My take is that she thinks he deserves to be in the conversation because (a) he is the reigning MVP, and (b) his numbers are still impressive looking and she thinks he is playing at a high level, and (c) there is still a good chunk of the season left to play. Probably she saw that his team won today and he put up another triple double, and that was in her mind.

I don’t think her analysis of this MVP race runs much deeper than that. And, why should it at this stage? This is just idle chatter to fill up empty space during a mid season broadcast.

14. riko

riko Member

Right now there are two guys that deserve the favorites tag

Harden is clearly 1 but Lebron despite the turmoil and the upheavals in the Land is second. I think that will come to consideration as well as the fact harden has been consistently been good as well as the Rockets never had the issues the Cavs had.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think presti and their team org probably thinks if Russ avg a triple double again he will win the MVP. That or Russ thinks if he does it again he will win it.

10 to 3 is a close race well 4 to 10 is closer but my guess is espn wants okc to get 3 seed so they can start talking about Russ again and if he is avg triple double that’s all people will talk again. Even if we get 1 seed now if we get 2 they will make sure to get their narrative about Russ all over espn.
    I hope they don’t make the playoff or start losing a bunch of games
    :)

16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Thank God I didn't listen to this jibberish the entire game. Seriously, "MEP"? All the whoring of Kerr and the Warriors? Maybe Doris's drink just got spiked by Walton's drugs and that's why she's spouting that Westbrook nonsense.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lmao at you going there.

She is such a victim... smh

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Best record in the NBA. Leading the league in countless statistical categories. 31/9/5.

M.

V.

P.

Jimmy MOTHER****ING Harden.

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. Entropy

Entropy Member

ESPN gonna dickride Lebron hard by saying "What this man has done is incredible. Taking on a new supporting cast mid season and propelling them into the playoffs. And you know hes gonna dominate when hes in playoff mode. He deserves MVP, no lie."