1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OHMSS] Euro vs NBA : Who's Better?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by OHMSS, Sep 23, 2011.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pistons reserve forward DaJuan Summers gives his thoughts on Euroleague play...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...nYcB?slug=mc-spears_nba_dajuan_summers_110211

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd still like to know why OHMSS insisted on making this thread.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Off Topic, but

Have we found absolute proof, yet, that Schaub audibles.

Sorry OHMSS, I didn't know where else to talk about this since the Schaub Debate thread was locked, figured you wouldn't mind me going off topic and completely changing the discussion to football, since it has kinda shifted to soccer anyhow.

#103 heypartner, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

last night University of Kentucky played Transylvania......

QUICK

post as many jokes as you can!!!!

ready....

GO!!!!

Man, that Transylvania defense really sinks its fangs into you.

Man, Transylvania was out for blood last night.

Man, did you see that come back? Transylvania rose from the dead!!

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I like turtles.

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I mean its not like he actually went over there and played in an actual Euroleague game so therefore was in the position to make an assessment on the physicality thereof.

You know what you sound like to me? A ****ing rat. A little troll that crawled out of the mire and has now resurfaced yet again.
    Pretty sure you hold some pretty deep resentment toward this site which keeps you coming back time and time again. So much so that it probably cuts into your personal life. In fact you may have even lost friends and confidants and chance for booty calls with ovine females because of your obsession with it.

I think they have a word for that in Spanish. I believe it is "pathetic-o".

You're one pathetico hombre, sucker.

8. delishman

delishman Member

To me, it seems like the Euroleague and the NBA are two very different games. This difference in style makes the two leagues difficult to compare. Some player who can't cut it in the NBA make quality player over there and vice-versa. Different skill sets.

The NBA is star-driven while the Euroleague seems more team-driven. They may play a better "quality" of ball over there (more emphasis on fundamentals, hard work, etc..) but they lack the players who sometimes simply seem to defy the game.

Player development in Europe seems to overall be much better for the average player in the Euroleague opposed to the NBA where the focus is on the stars although teams like our own Rockets are doing a much better job of working with all their players.

NBA players sometimes struggle to transition over there because of the style but I assure you with proper time, or if they were brought up to play that style of ball instead of AAU ball, they would excel. The comparison of individual NBA player in Europe or European players is futile. It is an argument that can both ways depending on the player.

With all this said, basketball is ultimately a star driven sport. Its not about the 5 its about the 1.The top-tier talent in the NBA is so vastly better than the Euroleague that the NBA undoubtedly gets the nod as the top league.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FYI Jordan Farmar( who I would say is a pretty mediocre NBA player) led Maccabi with 27 points to beat RealMadrid.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I usually have lots of respect for Moe, don't know why he got into outrage mode vs. OHMSS on that last post. OHMSS was right, Dajuan really sucked in Europe and shouldn't be mentioned.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You youngbloods don't understand the history behind this troll.

12. heypartner

please do not defend a troll.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know he had some inexcusable statements that were kinda hilarious or offending, but sometimes he gets it right.

I guess I'd be more okay with your post if it wasn't a reply to his Dajuan statement, cause that was hitting the nail.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah!! Nailed it. We can't accept the opinion of a scrub who has actually played in both leagues.

NAAAAILED it.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He played one game in Europe and got dumped because he was garbage, he'S not really suited to make comments about quality of that league.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Neither are people on message boards who have repeatedly been exposed to be morons.

OHMSS - Please feel free to be brainwashed...

[​IMG]

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This thread gets more epic by the day.

18. heypartner

There are no t*** in this, nor *any* female anatomy. I'm impervious to your brainwashing.

19. heypartner

You don't get moestavern19's entire game plan here

1. bait the troll
    2. wait for the bite; ie, obvious response
    3. NAAAAILLL IT

saw that coming a mile away...

Let me put it this way, imagine if OHMSS had the same basketball experience as DaJuan Summers (with NBA and one game of Europe experience),,,,he'd certainly play that up in every single post to say how much more he knows about basketball than the rest of us, and you would probably think his word was gospel then...right? He'd say, "You are all idiots, I actually played in Europe AND the NBA." And you'd say, "Guys, quit calling him a douchebag, he actually played in Europe."

right?

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

And he is a liar. NAILED IT.